View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2009, 02:59 PM
ooops sorry...well done , i should have read it more carfully...
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
ooops sorry...well done , i should have read it more carfully...
It always helps to hear others advice and I will have a look for that book
chrissyjay1
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Ralfy is off to the vets tomoro, i'm at work, so my other half is going in with a list of things to mention! Ive found 5 different foods he can be put on also, so we're getting there. It's like having a sickly child, makes you feel useless not knowing what to do, he's lapping up the cuddles though!
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:39 AM
My dog doesn't digest rice either, it goes straight through him - he is also very itchy and a bit underweight and I have tried loads of different food but when i read your post a light went on in my head and I realised that most of the food these days contain rice! Experts tell you to try chicken with rice or lamb with rice because its bland but i am beginning to think that rice could be the problem here, even the raw natures menu which I initially thought was working for us contains RICE! Is it because its cheap to process I wonder? Thank you Carole because you have given me something else to consider. I see that you feed yours challenge salmon and potato. I have sent for a sample of Orijen , could this be the same if not can you tell me where to get it please.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Orijen is a brilliant food but I could not afford to feed the fish one to Finn and the chicken one is out of the question as it contains turkey which makes him itch

I get my Challenge food from them direct. Its not as good as Orijen but it works for Finn and it is a really good price.

http://www.challengedogfood.com/onlineshop.html

Arden Grange and Wafcol also do a Fish and Potato food but I think like Orijen they are more expensive than Challenge.

Good luck

PS I asked for a sample of Challenge and they sent me a 2kg bag to try
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3