Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2015, 09:53 PM

A wee rant!

I hope you don't mind me adding this, but I've just posted it on the halfpenny page!

Ok, I don't often post judgemental or grumpy posts, although we often end up taking in animals because the truth is the owners are fed up, want to get another animal and want rid of the one they have to make space, or don't want to deal with the vet bills or old age of an animal. I don't comment because the deed is done and the animal is safe, at least the owners have found somewhere secure for them. I cannot keep quiet about this as I am truly disgusted by this act.
These 2 bunnies were found dumped, just before Christmas near Tom's Forest, near Kintore, just before Christmas. They were very lucky to be found and cared for by someone who then found out about us and asked if we could help.... Even giving a donation towards their care. They were babies and left at the side of the road in a cage. Can you imagine how scary that must have been for them, can you imagine their chances if they had been there overnight with no protection or shelter.
Even if they had been dumped without a cage, they stood practically no chance of survival!
I know it must be hard when you want to Rehome and animal and all the rescues are full, but dumping is not only illegal but morally wrong! Responsible rescues have to stop taking in more animals when they are full, to continue to do so means they put animals already in care at risk. If we cannot afford food, vet bills and housing, yet continue to take in animals we become part of the problem rather than the solution. We do not want to turn away animals but have to when we don't have the time to care for them.
I am appalled at what has happened to these wee guys and at least they are safe...... however we now need to fund vaccinations and neutering for them, as well as squeeze in and buy more housing. We have 26 rabbits here, these young guys are happy and healthy and should not be in a sanctuary. Please, please educate yourself before buying a pet, rescue an animal rather than buy from a pet shop, find out if you have allergies BEFORE getting an animal, be sure you are committed to caring for it, for the rest of its life, consider what will happen to the animal if you start a family.
I know circumstances change, things happen, but these bunnies were only about 3 months old!

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Aw poor little souls
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2015, 10:36 PM
I hope they find a home soon. It's such a shame that people do these horrible things. I'm sure if they really tried they could have found someone to take them in. Stuff like this makes my blood boil.
You are such a good person, taking care of these animals that have been discarded like rubbish. I'd do anything for my animals.