View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MGB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2014, 10:22 PM

Curious.. what other pets does everyone have?

Hi there, so I would imagine most of us on this forum have at least one dog! but I am just curious what other pets do you have? Do your other pets spend time with/get along with your dogs? I am looking into getting a Cat, but don't know the safest way to introduce it to my dogs.. anyone have any experience or advice on doing this?
So as for me and my pets:
I have my 3 dogs
A RES turtle
Tarantula
and a Mexican black king snake.
Absolutely love all my "critters".
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2014, 12:12 AM
I have two cats. I had a beautiful fish tank with a beautiful shubunkin fish named Rosie for years. She died of something unknown one night and though she was only a fish and they always die, I never thought another fish worthy of her tank and so I took out everything and have stored it for years without ever getting another fish.

I had an eastern box turtle female named Mr turtle lol. She was palm sized when I found her wandering the backyard one day so I thought I could keep her. I got a terrarium for her and food and a nice little space for her. She bit me at first, but she soon let me let her and everything. Slowly but surely she began to grow and I looked her up and found her species and saw her final size and knew she'd get too big to keep so I released her into the wild one day with a farewell.

Had a frog and a hermit, both died long ago. Would like a snake, but live with people who are phobic of them so no
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2014, 12:12 PM
I have a collie and two tarantula. A rose hair like u have and a Vagens .or is that a curly hair T u have I cant always tell the. Apart in a pic.
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2014, 02:34 PM
I have two dogs, two cats, three hens, lots of fish and a leopard gecko called Kevin. I only work to pay for my animals! My poor husband works to pay for the rest of the family.
MGB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jakesmummy View Post
I have a collie and two tarantula. A rose hair like u have and a Vagens .or is that a curly hair T u have I cant always tell the. Apart in a pic.
Shes a Rose Hair
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2014, 03:51 AM
Awww my best buddy had tarantulas. Want a good story? When I was a teen I got him one for his b-day after his first one passed on. It was a couple hours before he got home from work so I put it in the upstairs bathtub.

The one day my Mum came home from work early and went in to go to the loo...:0Think they heard her a few states away. But my friend was pleased with his gift anyway.

We have two dogs, five cats, two rats and an odd number of goldfishies.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2014, 10:24 AM
I have my Dober and 2 dober savvy chickens (we did have 4 but foxy loxy got 2 of them)

The girls are a bit too free range for their own good sometimes and like to mug the neighbours fruit bushes!

We also have some rats, whilst not technically pets I do have a certain affection for as they razz around the garden tormenting the dog. They spend their time between the wall of the shed and the bushes by the chicken hut and are quite comical.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Almost transparent pink house geckos - but they are not really pets.

They just live here.

Large outside lizards of differing sizes, shapes and colours - but they are not really pets.

They just live here.

And mice.

But they are not really pets either.

They just live here and drive the dog mad!
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2014, 01:30 PM
I had rats my spammy was like a dog came to his name sat on my shoulder miss him so much
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2014, 03:23 PM
We run an animal sanctuary but I class all the animals as family and treat them all as pet, trying to treat each species as I would another, depending on how practical it is.

Anyway, at the moment, we have -
Dogs
Cats
African grey parrot
Budgie
Kakariki parrot
Rabbits
Guinea pigs
Chickens
Ducks
Turkeys
Goose
Horses
Donkeys
Pigs
Sheep
Goats
Tortoise
African pygmy hedgehog
Chinchillas
Doves and one molly fish.
Oh and an overwintering british hedgehog.

In the past we have also had quail, rats, gerbils and mice.
We try to give them as much space and the best diet we can, they receive any vet treatment needed and have some great volunteers who help out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >