Our sister sites
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2005, 12:24 PM

Are the Welshmen Chauvinists?

I was searching through pubs in Wales and found quite a few like this one:

Celtic Club
Members only and men only, the Celtic has a long waiting list for members. What a relief it is to find a club that isn't afraid to stand up for men in this age of inequality. Great club and good cheap beer. The perfect hiding place from 'er indoors.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Look at it this way, at least you know where NOT to go if you want to avoid that kind of dumbass!
Meg
Supervisor

10-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Celtic Club
Members only and men only, the Celtic has a long waiting list for members. What a relief it is to find a club that isn't afraid to stand up for men in this age of inequality. Great club and good cheap beer. The perfect hiding place from 'er indoors.
I think you have got it all wrong Roxy no self respecting woman would be seen in a pub with a Welshman, they are all about 5ft tall (they were made small to get down the mine tunnels) and all that linking arms and singing with each other in harmony is most off putting
gingerboy
Dogsey Junior

10-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Is it hereford or worcester where on certain days of the week according to ancient and as yet unchanged law it is still ok to shoot a welshman with a bow and arrow or is this an urban myth?

I only ask as this would give Minihaha the perfect opportunity to decrease the welsh male population if it is Worcester then great but then again Hereford is not to far to drive is it Mini?

By the way their not all that bad, as an ex northerner now living in South Wales i can confirm that we even have access to televisions although that said they are very proud of their heritage and especially their male voice choirs, it would help if you could understand what they were singing about though!!

Must go my welsh wife is about to club me to death with a heavy object.

GB
Carole
Supervisor

10-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Are you planning a holiday in Wales Roxy?
Meg
Supervisor

10-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
Are you planning a holiday in Wales Roxy?
oops I was but not so sure I will be safe there now

Gingerboy it is quite true, but only when there is an R in the month because they don't keep well unless pickled .
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
I think you have got it all wrong Roxy no self respecting woman would be seen in a pub with a Welshman, they are all about 5ft tall (they were made small to get down the mine tunnels) and all that linking arms and singing with each other in harmony is most off putting
Lmao!!

I shall show my OH this post and post his reply later lol
gingerboy
Dogsey Junior

10-06-2005, 03:10 PM
So that will be the summer when they are not deemed as fair game then - excellent maybe the wife fancies a shopping trip in Autumn. I can send her to a pre agreed meeting point and before you know it the arrows been dispatched.

The headlines will read - "Minihaha murder case thrown out on strength of ancient law"

Below that will be a story telling of how the husband has done a runner after selling the house and cashing the insurance policies and now living life in the fast lane somewhere warm!!

AAh you have to laugh, life is to short not too!!

GB
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2005, 03:52 PM
having moved to wales from essex last year i wanna say i think welsh men are not very nice
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Roxy

Celtic Club

they are about as Chauvinists as any english man i have ever met
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >