View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Congatulations, you must be so pleased. Please take care not to fall over the walking black rug, that is newfie like.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
It always freaks me out that vets and surgeons seem to get half their kit in B&Q :/

Anyway, congratulations on your progress. I sometimes think I'd like to lie around and do nothing, but as soon as it's enforced I start climbing the walls
Thank you, yes I expect they used a Black & Decker drill to make the hole for the pin

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Hope you will soon be on the move again Good Luck x
Thanks Lou

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Pleased for you that you can start to move again.
Must be a big relief to you - my friend just got her plaster off (shattered kneecap - 6 weeks) and she said its like "freedom" .
Wish you a speedy return to normality now *hugs*
Thank you MissE - my niece also did her kneecap (playing hockey) Doc. said knee and ankles are the two worst things to break

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Great news - hop you are up to full strength soon
Thanks Tassle, I hope so too.

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Great news Harvey.
Thank you Jackie
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Hooray!!

Although I must go throw up now at the thought of Pat's post!! I don't do knee caps ;o( *bleugh*
xx
Keep those lovely knees in one piece Em

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Great news, Harvey. No sprinting, now........
x0x
Don't worry Vicki I didn't do sprinting even before I broke it

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Brilliant news, freedom will soon be yours!
Becky
Thanks, yea freedom, you never appreciate it 'till you don't have it

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Great news

(how do you work out how much 5kg of weight is - do have to walk round with the bathroom scales strapped under you foot? )
Trust you to think of that Apperently I just put the foot on the scales and 'lean' on it 'till it equals 5Kg. and that is supposed to tell me how much load I can put on it - I would guess it's not meant to be an exact meusurement

Originally Posted by BigBearsRule View Post
Congatulations, you must be so pleased. Please take care not to fall over the walking black rug, that is newfie like.
Oh yes, with the crutches it was impossible (Had to ask them to move ) now I might be able to navigate around them
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Great news, Harvey, but be careful!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Great news H, hope it's not painful either, but you must take it slowly and do everything they say, otherwise you could knock yourself back again, and be carefuly, VERY careful where you tread, especially if you have to climb over those great big bears around the house like I do here! I stubbed my little toe the other night falling out of the kitchen into the bootroom coz Georgie was getting all excited over his dinner! I can't even wear those lovely new walking boots I bought, just as you told me to I have to wear the old trainers with a big wodge of cotton wool on my toe just to be able to walk! So I'm half with you now!!! Keep it up H, you're doing soooooo well!xxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Great news, Harvey, but be careful!!
Thanks Nicola, it is tempting to start bounding around

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Great news H, hope it's not painful either, but you must take it slowly and do everything they say, otherwise you could knock yourself back again, and be carefuly, VERY careful where you tread, especially if you have to climb over those great big bears around the house like I do here! I stubbed my little toe the other night falling out of the kitchen into the bootroom coz Georgie was getting all excited over his dinner! I can't even wear those lovely new walking boots I bought, just as you told me to I have to wear the old trainers with a big wodge of cotton wool on my toe just to be able to walk! So I'm half with you now!!! Keep it up H, you're doing soooooo well!xxxx
Thanks H - I'm well pleased because since the op. I've had no pain at all, I won't try going over the Newfs but going around should be easier now Ouch, that little toe must hurt hope it gets better soon.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2