Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 11:07 AM

Cosmo's Runny Bottom

Cosmo developed dire rear (!) on Tuesday night...over night, in the kitchen. Eugh. Anyway, I put it down to over excitement as we had a Guide dog pup with us for a few hours on Tuesday night and they didn't stop playing.

Anyway, we did the ususal starve and chicken and rice thing on Wednesday...more kitchen floor cleaning Thursday morning, bless him. He also became very quiet which is a concern, so off he went to the vet with my OH, where he proceeeded to bark in a 'play with me' manner in the waiting room and leap up at the desk looking for his friend, the resident cat! Anyway, the vet tried her best to feel his abdomen (he tenses up as he loves you touching his tummy...the tail goes and he can't stand still ). She put him on those massive yeasty tablets as he didn't have a temperature. They worked...overnight at least, but yesterday the runny bum thing started again.

Cosmo saw the vet again this morning and she felt his tummy etc, he has no temperature, but she's popped him onto antibiotics for a week and we've to keep an eye. If it doesn't improve he's to have his stools tested (EUGHHH again) and if he gets any worse we've to revisit. He's on chicken and rice til at least Wednesday, which he seems happy about at least.

She doesn't think he's eaten anything that's causing a blockage...but they can't be sure....neither can we as he's a fiend that eats anything,absolutely anything.
At the moment he's fine in himself and hungry, if that changes he'll be back at the vet. He bounced into the vets again today! He loves it there and they seem to love him 'absolutely lovely' seems to be the phrase they use the most!!!

A few healing vibes would be much appreciated. Ta!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Aww, well I was going to say poor Cosmo, but as it doesn't seem to be affecting him, I'll say poor Ramble instead for having to clear up.

Hope he's soon back to normal for all your sakes
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 11:19 AM
thanks Hali. He chose the only two mornings this week that I had to be out at work, to decorate the kitchen floor with a splatter attack. Not good. I was paranoid all day that my very long showers hadn't got rid of the stench!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Healing vibes being sent your way.x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Ailsa, sending some healing vibes for Cosmo and a special Fudge hug for you. If it's any consolation when Fudge had a blockage she had nothing coming out her rear end , would not eat, was very subdued and went downhill very quickly. She was also sick frequently, (slimey and clear...ew sorry!).Cosmo does not sound like this to me but I suppose different dogs can present in different ways.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Awww, poor Cosmo, but at least he's eating that's a good sign surely? Healing vibes that the ab's clear him all up nicely.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Aw the lovely Cosmo can have as many healing vibes from us, as he wants!! Also sending (((((HUGE VIBES)))))
Thought if it was a blockage there would be nothing coming out, except maybe some gel stuff?? Whatever it is I wish him a speedy recovery, as I am one of his biggest fans!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Awww...bless him. Hope he feels better soon. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Sending loads of vibes for the gorgeous Cosmo, Ailsa. I do hope his runny bum ceases soon - it's not the worst pong in the world, but it's pretty close.

Big (but gentle) hugs to your gorgeous flattie lad x0x0x0x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Poor you and poor Cosmo....healing vibes on the way as we speak.

Funny I was only saying to someone this morning, Bruce has had to go on Chappie permantly now, as for all his ''toughness'' he seems to get the squits if fed anything else......

Hope Cosmo feels better soon, when Reah had her blockage she didn't get the squits, infact she was the other way....straining
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >