Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 03:55 PM

Some mad cyclist rode over Fudge!

We were out today with Young Stevie and Elaine. We ahd just started our walk at Delamere and were in a busy area where there were quite a few dogs and people. Without any notice, no bell or excuse me, a cyclist bombed out of nowhere.Before we could even recall our dogs he had ploughed staright through and unfortunately poor Fudge went under the wheels.Steph checked her out and we think it was just bruising as nothing seems broken. She walked catiously after a few minutes but was incredibly spooked for the rest of the walk,startling at every noise and staying right by my side. I really hope this has not sffected her confidence. I am expecting a stiff dog tomorrow when the bruising kicks in......

I am still speechless at the cyclist. Even though she squealed and he must have felt her under the bike he never even stopped........
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh no poor fudge! i hope its nothing to serious phyiscally and mentally for her. What a ****** for not avoiding the dogs! and for not stopping thats dispicable!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 04:02 PM
He didnt even stop??!!
What an idiot. Your poor girl, glad it is not too serious but its still bad enough isnt it when her confidence is knocked!

Hugs and licks from the gang x
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Bl**dy hell!
I hope Fudge has no lasting damage physically or mentally. What is wrong with some poeple?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 04:15 PM
B*st*rd. What a git.

I must admit there are so many rude cyclists. I will always recall my dogs to give the cyclists a clear run, that is if the cyclist lets me know they are behind. Are you supposed to be psychic or what?

As you say, I really hope it hasn't knocked her confidence. I wonder if you can find some nice cyclists for her to meet - I know there are some out there, unfortunately it seems just not many.

Poor Fudge, give her gentle hugs from me.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Sending Fudge and you huge hugs. What an ar$e the cyclist was hope he gets his cumuppence sooner rather than later.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Sending Fudge and you huge hugs. What an ar$e the cyclist was hope he gets his cumuppence sooner rather than later.
ooh yes, that's a cheering thought and has just reminded me of the last cyclist I had a run in with. He cycled through a red light just as I was coming out of a junction, frightened the life out of me as I really nearly hit him so I peeped my horn. He was so engrossed in giving me verbal and the v sign as he carried on cycling down the hill that he didn't see the car in front of him and cycled right into the back of it.

Hope something similar happens to today's cyclist too.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I just ran my hands over her and she yelped when I got to her ribs so will see how she is in the morning......I might pop her to the vets to get checked over.Right now she is sleeping.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Oh no, Poor Fudge! I really hope that cyclist gets a puncture and goes bum over head (I want to say something else). What a git!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I just ran my hands over her and she yelped when I got to her ribs so will see how she is in the morning......I might pop her to the vets to get checked over.Right now she is sleeping.
I guess there is a chance that she has a cracked rib? I think you are right thinking about the vets tomorrow if she's still sore....doubt they will be able to do much even if a rib is cracked, but they may be able to give her something to help any swelling/pain.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »