Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 01:22 PM

Nearly 18 months old and still no season

Willow has still not had her season (well, that we know of anyway). She will be 18 months on 22 January.

Mid-2007 she was kicked twice by a horse. She seemed shocked afterwards, had a bloody nose but no other signs. I took her straight to the vet who said she seemed fine despite the ordeal.

I'm beginning to wonder if this could have anything to do with the no-season?

Or could I have missed it? She is walked with another dog (male) and my walker says he has been paying much more attention to her rear, yet there are no physical signs that I have seen other than she has been cleaning herself a bit more.
Thanks.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Which breed is she? Large breeds will come into season later, although I think this is late. What does your vet say?
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi She is a blue roan cocker spaniel. I last saw the vet for her booster in early November, and she wasn't unduly concerned bearing in mind her age then.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:43 PM
i can't see the incident having any effect ask CC she is our cocker person and i think she had a similar problem with one of hers
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:53 PM
THanks Lise, I've sent cc a pm
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Its possible she may have had a silent season or two :smt002 - called silent because they are barely noticeable if at all to us, [ little or no swelling or bleeding ], though a girl in silent season can still be flirty, boys will notice, [ usually ], and pregnancy can occur during a silent season.

HTH :smt001
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Its possible she may have had a silent season or two :smt002 - called silent because they are barely noticeable if at all to us, [ little or no swelling or bleeding ], though a girl in silent season can still be flirty, boys will notice, [ usually ], and pregnancy can occur during a silent season.

Totally agree Patch my Cavalier Gala has silent seasons and very hard to get right and the only way we do is by Cassie flirting heavily with her
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post

took the words right out of my mouth!! My parents had that happen once to one of their bostons.
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Many thanks everyone sounds like she could have had a silent one then as her dog walking pal was paying much attention to her and she has been cleaning herself more.

I was waiting until after her first season to have her spayed. Is there any reason to wait for a full season then or should she be ok to spay now? Thanks
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 07:05 PM
It is advisable to wait for about 3 mths after a season before spaying. If she is having silent seasons then this may be very difficult to predict. I'd pop her to the vet and see what they say.
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >