Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Ahh my breed!
Lovely neck, topline and tail set. Would prefer a better bend of stifle, plenty of bone and substance. Feet look to be longish and not cat like. Gives an overall impression of strength and elegance.

Head. This is MY opinion, and Dobermann heads are "my thing" so please do not be offended. I dont care for his head. His head planes are not level, he has round eyes and they lack filling underneath them. Good eye colour. When viewed from the side does not have the desired wedge shape appearance and he little underjaw, also a bit "throaty" but nowhere near as bad as some these days. His ears are too big for me too. Doesnt look masculine enough for me.

Movement looks very good from the side, has reach and drive and appears to retain his topline well, LIKE his movement on those pics!

Hope you dont shoot me!
I must admit I do agree with a lot of this but feet look fine to me, maybe just a nail trim needed as long nails can make the feet spread, head, not enough stop which gives him a feminin look, weak lower jaw sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Mo and the Gang xx
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2008, 09:41 PM
No need to be sorry hon. I know my dogs strengths and weaknesses. I bought him as a pet to start off with and every year he has taken me to Crufts, final 7 first year, 2nd last year and 4th in Limit this year, he is placed 8 times out of 10 at champ shows so I don't take offence of what people say. This is so people can learn. Just about all of the English dobes have weak lower jaws which is a big bone of contention and why many (including myself) are using Continental lines.
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by mcgregorkh View Post
No need to be sorry hon. I know my dogs strengths and weaknesses. I bought him as a pet to start off with and every year he has taken me to Crufts, final 7 first year, 2nd last year and 4th in Limit this year, he is placed 8 times out of 10 at champ shows so I don't take offence of what people say. This is so people can learn. Just about all of the English dobes have weak lower jaws which is a big bone of contention and why many (including myself) are using Continental lines.
I would never make a judge!!!!!!!! most Euro dogs have very good heads and seem much stronger over all than UK Dobes, I suppose we have more choice in the dogs we buy
my female Greta is a UK dog very good overall but has a weak head which is why I bred her to a strong dog unfortunatley Ivy got her head but as she is still a baby at a yr old it may still change!!!Raven took after and has his fathers head, it's the chance you take when breeding

Mo and the Gang xx
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2008, 11:01 PM
I have never posted on this thread, Borderdawn forgot to log me out before use.

Tumbleweed
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3