Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 06:37 AM

History in the making at Dublin this weekend

Some of you will know that the Irish Kennel Club has been easing into the full FCI regulations this year, with judginh now on the FCI basis with gradings, and the Green Star system completely changing.
From tomorrow, Ireland is fully FCI and the Irish Kennel Club, who normally hold their flagship show on two days around St Patrick's day, are marking this historic occasion by holding their two day show this weekend.
The final and biggest change will be to the Groups. There are loads of them, no Utility any more, and the descriptions are very different too! Dalmatians are moving to Group 6, Scent Hounds, so a whole new set of people to annoy! Apparently some of them are not best pleased that we are joining them!!
The IKC always push the boat out for their main show, it is the Irish Crufts so to speak, so we are going just to be part of it, I have no illusions about our chances
It will be "interesting" We will be there on Sunday, will report back as usual........ no doubt it will be in the UK dog papers too!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Good Luck!!
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Oh goodness, I'll need to get my head around the FCI rules as well then as I plan to show my next pup.

Good luck at the show Look forward to your write up of events.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Good luck - will keep an eye in the papers then!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

31-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Best of Luck Gill and Deccy, everything crossed here.
It will be interesting to read your follow-up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Best of Luck this weekend
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks folks - I see that the breeds scheduled under the new groups are relatively few, if they continue to place up to Group 4 at Champ shows, it may be quite easy to get placing, however, we still have the hurdle of BOB yet .....
If you are interested in the FCI system, best not to go on the FCI site - it's a bit confusing but I'll answer any queries as best I can, such as which group your breed goes into ....