View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Judging especially in novelty classes is so subjective, Don't worry you like every one else knows you really have the best. One of my favourite pressies was a rosette a friend bought me when we had come nowhere at Crufts that year. It was really big & fancy & read we got thrown out with the quality. Better luck next time.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 01:01 PM
You often get judges at Companion shows and fun shows who seem to be pedigree biased, some even biased towards certain breeds.

However, you do get really good judges who are not biased at all, and these are the best shows.

Keep going to Companion shows, don't let your first show put you off. They usually are really good fun and you meet a lot of like-minded owners and some lovely dogs too.

Don't take take it personally, Fudgely. You always go home with the best dog anyway.

I was at a Companion shows last year where I had entered my Westie in the 'AV Sporting' class. Molly (my Westie) came first out of a good number of dogs. Later on in the day, I discovered the judge was a Rottweiler man! He owned and bred them! And yet, out of a lot of lovely dogs including GSPs, he chose a Westie! I thought that was hilarious!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 01:09 PM
And so you should be proud of her!!! Just take it for what it is - a fun show - judges quite often get it wrong
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks for all the comments had a giggle today about it at dog class.....
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Awww don't feel down by this one show, Fudge is gorgeous and has a fan-base here. Just remember there were lots of other owners thinking the same thing and only one person can win, it doesn't detract from how lovely or pretty Fudge is - you are quite right!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3