Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Anyone tried wainwrights?

Iv been doing alot of research into ingredients of lots of different foods and have found that alot have a very small meat content, which seems wrong for a canine!
My pup had been eating wainwrights [pets at home] he has trays and dry.
The trays have min. meat content of 65%!!
My senior dog is also on wainwright, but the senior trays and dry kibble.
I cant reccomend this food enough, both my dogs have been on it for a few months now and are doing really well, the senior used to be on burns, and iv seen no difference in her condition since changing, shes 13 years old and has had 3 strokes and still going VERY strong.

Just thought id reccomend it to everyone, its very resonably priced aswell, iv worked out my pup, when an 25kg adult will cost 66p per day if fed kibble and 54p per day if fed trays, but ill probably feed half and half which will be 60p.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 05:20 PM
im feeding jake on wainwrights. he was on bakers but on here people advised me to switch so thought i would try wainwrights. he really likes it and is doing really well on it, he has got such a shiny coat
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 05:23 PM
When I first got Flint, the pup, it was all rather fast so I hadnt had chance to go to town and get puppy food so just bought a box of bakers puppy, which since have read bad things about. since then hes been on wainwrights tho.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
When I first got Flint, the pup, it was all rather fast so I hadnt had chance to go to town and get puppy food so just bought a box of bakers puppy, which since have read bad things about. since then hes been on wainwrights tho.
same thing happened to me, i wasnt expecting to get jake that day so it was a mad rush to get everything for him so just got bakers, not realising how bad it is. he was only on it for a couple of weeks though before switching
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Obi has been on this for a couple of years now, and we find it excellent for him, he does get some Natures Diet mixed in as well though. He looks lovely on it and have never had any problems.

Ali
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 07:18 PM
We use this as the dogs look really good on it and never go off it
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah i use this for pepsi. i used to use beta but like you said the ingredients are far better. she has been on it for about 3 months now and she has no more runny poo. yey
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 08:41 PM
yep bruno is on this, aswell as naturediet, and occasionally harringtons.