View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:01 PM

Charlie's hospital appointment update.....

Well I gave it 3 hours to get the 95 miles there and we needed it!
Couldn't get onto the M25 at junction 28 so went clockwise onto 29, and came off and on again.
Junction 28 was shut due to a large lorry on it's side with it's cab in a ditch, poor driver.
Arrived at hospital in good time and were shown to a private room usually held for infectious cases but it was ours. 2 minutes afterwards we were transferred out to a bad on the ward, it wasn't ours any more!

He had his bloods done, and lung capacity and x-rays but we waited and waited to see the doctor.
8 times they asked us if he had seen us yet as he was on the ward!

Eventually after being there waiting 5 hours they rang the doctor. He was busy so spoke to me on the phone. I had the option of waiting another two hours or coming back early on Sunday (the day the family is coming for Xmas).
So as I would rather speak to a doctor before leaving I chose to wait, and also because he didn't want to lose any time with the family on Sunday.

So we waited and waited. His named nurse was getting very angry and eventually said he was sending us home. It was either wait until 8pm+ to speak to a doctor or go home, and as we'd been out since 7am we went home.... without speaking to the doctor.

I do know a bit about the op though.

He will have to lie on his back after his first op until a week later. He will have a catheter and a chest drain as they will need to deflate his lung to get to the spine/ribs.
He may need a brace afterwards, if so a cast will be taken when the second op is done and he will get it a day or two later, then he can get up and about.

He is still quite unphased by it all. They had a plasma screen in the dayroom, playstation2 for his bedside, portable tv's and dvd players.... but he will be flat on his back!

He will come round in the high dependency unit, where he will stay for the first 24hours.

He MAY be home from hospital, will be in at least two weeks and hopefully home the weekend before.

So I have a huge favour to ask and will ask in another thread....here...
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...34#post1197334