Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2017, 06:48 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 27th August.

Good Morning everyone, It would have been my dad's 100th birthday today had he lived more than his 50 years as it was.
Hope it is another lovely day today. I got my beds changed and the sheets all washed and dry yesterday so was well pleased.

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday, Griff glad you got your money off Steve.

Hope Casey and Lara are doing ok now Harvey and Lynn same goes for Dillon too. In fact I hope all two and four legged friends are all ok and have a good day. Take care and stay safe. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Good morning Myra and all who follow

Hope you have a good restful day today.

Lovely here and so warm already. Looking after neighbours little dog again but I think it will be sitting in the garden with him and giving tummy rubs

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-08-2017, 10:32 AM
'morning Moyra & Sue

Just popped on while having my morning cuppa, sorting some stuff in a cupboard which hasn't been looked at since we moved here, probably most of it will end up in the bin

Moyra, our two are doing OK thank you, Lara is still on the A/B's and still has the occasional cough, if it is a small grass seed (or similar) which has entered her left lung then I expect it will irritate for some time.

But she saw a cat yesterday and ran after it, no way could she catch it, but it's nice that she can still run when she wants to

Hope you and Amber enjoy your walks and have a nice peaceful holiday weekend.

Sue I am sure you'll be in the garden at some point. I am thinking of getting some more rasberries for next year, the others (blackberry, tayberry etc) have not been a huge success
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Morning Moyra,, Sue and Harvey and all who follow.
Lovely sunny day here again today more stairs being done. Hopefully finished today then painting then carpet.
Me I am baking a cake for Mark and Lauren's birthday. Just finished grooming Dillon and have a wash on.

Moyra Dillon is doing well thank you.
Harvey glad to hear Lara and Casey are doing well. Don't get lost in the cupboard.
Sue enjoy the time in the garden giving belly rubs.

I am feeling a little irritated today. Paul is still building their patio he is meant to be doing the drive so they can park the van off road during the day and not in our way overnight.
The drive is all overgrown we offer to cut it back but they prefer to do it themselves and it is now becoming somewhat annoying. So every time I hear him doing more to the patio I feel like screaming.
If they do not or cannot buy this place they are going to have to sort it.. I think I am going to have to be a bit more assertive about the need to get onto it when I catch them.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Oh Lynn, I feel for you, it is so awkward because you do not want to upset them at this stage but it is rather thoughtless of them not to resolve the problem. Count to ten and then start again!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Have done Moyra baked a cake for Mark and Lauren, done some weeding and had sit in the garden watching the birds and butterflies.
They seem to have no conception of how annoying it is. They brought the van without thinking of where they going to park it.
It was going to be sorted in a few days it was in two weeks then they realised where they park it is very wet. They didn't want it to be an issue 18 months on still parked on the drive overnight so it doesn't get hit on the road by some idiot.
Not so bad during the day they leave it on the road. If Gorden needs to leave early we have to juggle the van and the car so he can get off. The space it is meant to be in is full of rubbish.
Everything up the drive is overgrown and it does get a tad annoying sometimes. Still hopefully it won't be long and we will not have that issue to deal with.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Quiet on here today....
Been a little busy for us. First, off to the "Tidy Tip" as it now called. Council dump to you and I. But they do recycle.

Then off to the Groom Room. Not for me - I'm not planning to be a groom......... Max. The groomer was very complementary about his coat - asked if we'd changed his food. We had. I'm not touting for business but, if anyone wants to try it, it's Arden Grange.

Anyway, he came out with his smart black and white Tux and smelling wonderful - not at all doggy or dodgey.....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I'm not touting for business but, if anyone wants to try it, it's Arden Grange.
I assume Max is not a fussy eater and you've had Labs which I know from decades ago are perfect when it comes to food.

However if there was a negative to owning Newfies it must surely be their finnicky taste buds, compared to Labs and Collies they are so fussy

Neither Casey or Lara ever finish their bowl in one go. (Sometimes they will go back to it late at night) Our vet has said they should be on dry food which they get with their turkey meat. Plus the Bakers granules.

I might try the Arden Grange, can't be worse than what they are getting now
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I assume Max is not a fussy eater and you've had Labs which I know from decades ago are perfect when it comes to food.

However if there was a negative to owning Newfies it must surely be their finnicky taste buds, compared to Labs and Collies they are so fussy

Neither Casey or Lara ever finish their bowl in one go. (Sometimes they will go back to it late at night) Our vet has said they should be on dry food which they get with their turkey meat. Plus the Bakers granules.

I might try the Arden Grange, can't be worse than what they are getting now
Max is just Max. He pats me on the leg when he wants something, .He patiently waits while I prepare his food mix. And doesn't move until I say it's ok. He'll stroll over and eat - not gobble.

We got lucky.