Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by kingbilly View Post
no dog should be left for more than 3 hours in a crate, how else do they pee ?

If you wanna leave a dog for that long buy a stuffed one. Better still donate to a rescue they will send you pics and regular updates.
This is hardly helpful is it?! Why bother to comment at all if you can't say something helpful or constructive.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
I am highly trained, well read, and have enough experience to see what works in the real world. Often many people disagree with me.
Sorry, going off topic again, but doesn't that speak volumes
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Labman got banned from an American Lab specific forum for insulting other members and being totally inflexible with his God-complex opinions...so yes, it does speak volumes!!
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-07-2009, 12:26 PM
OP - I wonder if you would be able to take some time off work to spend with your new puppy? This would help him settle into his new home and feel secure with you. Also, it would give you the opportunity to work on house and crate training. I am hoping to get a young dog or possibily puppy in the next few weeks and like you both my husband and I have to work full time. We have arranged to take nearly six weeks off work between us in order to spend with the new pup. I know that working and having a puppy/young dog is not ideal but there are ways around it. Try getting up earlier to spend time with your pup and give it some exercise before you leave in the morning, leave lots of interesting chews and kongs to entertain him during the day. Also, do you have anyone who would be able to pop in at around lunch time to walk/exercise/spend time with your pup? My Mum used to visit Ben during the day, most days for the first year, after that he was fine to be left the full day. When you come home put the pups needs above your own, no matter how tired you are. I hope this helps you a little.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Loving that one Sarah; that really did make me lol
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9