View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2011, 06:07 PM
I just had a look at that link, i dont think she has that, he can get into our car no probs and can get upstairs when she wants to but its too much hassle for her now, she tends to stay downstairs. Thanks for the link though

xx
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Just a sad update for you all, we had to have Morgan out down this morning

Over the past few days she had been peeing loads and her back legs had been going away quite a bit (she has hip dysplasia ), but this morning, Abbie started barking at the postie and Morgan tried to get up and join her barking at the window and something just went. She couldnt get up, she just lay on the couch and started shaking so i phoned my husband to get home from work, him and his sister managed to get Morgan onto a duvet and carried her to the car and went to the vet. I knew she wasnt coming home so i said my goodbyes to her.

The vet offered to do more x rays and give her a painkiller to see if she would get up but David said no and the vet agreed with him, She was in so much pain and she had really went downhill in the past few days. So David just cuddled her as she went which i found comfort in, if he was cuddling her, she wouldnt have been scared, she was such a daddy's girl

So my main concern now is my other dog Abbie, she'll be lost without Morgan so i'll just need to keep a close eye on her.

Thanks to you all who have me advice, you have no idea how much you've helped me through this past month, i'll always be grateful xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh Nicola, I'm so, so sorry it has ended like this, you poor thing, after all you went through trying to keep her going, but sometimes, no matter how hard we try,it's their time and it just has to be. Sending many hugs to you at this sad time.xxxxx

Run free dear Morgan, mummy tried so very hard to keep you here, but now you're free and out of pain.xxxx

Yes, it's going to be hard for Abbie she'll miss her little friend, I know that when I lost my last gsd, but maybe one day soon, you might find a new playmate for her, there's always one waiting for everybody somewhere. You take care, you did nothing wrong, you did everything you could, it's so heartbreaking when we have to finally say goodbye.
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2011, 02:03 PM
It was definitely her time A few days ago we had decided that we werent putting her through any more ops as she has really struggled sinnce the last one and this morning, i just knew and i told David that i didn't want her getting more tests and xrays and he agreed. Letting her go was the only thing to do, she was an amazing dog and i couldnt see her suffer anymore.

xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Nicola, very sad news about Morgan (hugs)x

Sadly there comes a time with our dogs when try as we might we can do no more..

Sleep well Morgan...
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I am so very sorry you have lost your beautiful girl despite all your care. It was obviously the right time and as you say, you have to say no sometimes to further treatment so not to prolong their suffering.

Hope Abbie doesn't get too depressed without Morgan.

God bless Morgan xxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 04:30 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Morgan.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 10:25 AM
So very sorry.
xxx
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Thank you all for your good wishes, they really mean alot to me.

I can't belive its been a week already We picked up her ashes yesterday which was pretty hard . Our plan was to scatter them tomorrow but the weather up here is horrific, really heavy rain and high winds so maybe its not the best idea.

We're doing okay, we are so sad that our oldest baby has gone but we know in our hearts that we did the right thing.

Abbie our youngest dog is completely lost without her, ive been taking her out an extra 45 min walk during the day to help break the day up xx
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >