Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Go on then, give your slant...........with any luck by the time you have finished typing your bath water will be freezing cold
Oh my dear friend NO water here is EVER freezing cold! That's why we buy the water we want to drink!

I am worried that if I keep reading this I will have to subscribe to summat that allows me to watch UK tv soaps lol!

I see I can already get Eastenders on BBC Entertainment Cable channel. Alas I don't watch that either - but if anyone here wants me to fill them in on the plot - well I will oblige!

*wonders if they need screen writers?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 10:52 PM
*sigh

It must be lovely to be so warm Tang - it isn't warm here, oh no indeedy

I don't watch Eastenders because it always seemed so gloomy and depressing, not to mention violent! Corrie is trying to catch up these days it seems - it used to be so full of humour, which offset any strong storylines. Not much humour now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 10:54 PM
I might be one of the only ones old enough to remember when Corrie first came on the telly - in black & white? My dad used to watch it - and him a hardened Irish East End Stevedore! I was very young then. All I can recall is the old Ena with the hairnet sitting in the pub. I think all Eastenders watched it then and all of them complained it was nothing like life in the East End!

*I've got my doors wide open
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I'm just glad they've given the Kirsty/Tyrone stuff a rest though.
Poor Chesney tonight
I thought Karl would be at the bottom of the goings on at the pub maybe he and Kirsty should get together and drive off in a Taxi together because they are both a teaspoon short of a full set
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 10:56 PM
No Tang, I remember it starting as well, but my mother refused to have it on because it was 'common'
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
No Tang, I remember it starting as well, but my mother refused to have it on because it was 'common'

Was your mum's name Hyacinth?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Sad but very true
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Tang, I can remember Ena Sharples, and her mousey little friend .......what was her name, it's on the tip of my tongue It's not set in the East End though, it's Manchester. There were some great characters back then weren't there.

TW, I know that you hate that storyline, but I suspect that when it resurfaces it will be to put Kirsty behind bars finally. She might have to flip again for that to happen though. I think that they may be having to re shoot a great many scenes because of Kevin.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Ooops! I obviously mixed up my Coronation with the Eastenders.

*will have to do my homework before I write any scripts for them!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
my step mother once banned me from seeing a new, very nice, friend because she was common. My step mother was horrible.
Page 12 of 16 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »