Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 05:01 PM

Vicious dog strikes again

Im full of cold and feeling pretty grotty today... Took the girls for a walk on the hills because I couldnt sacrfice there exercise! On the way home, I saw the man with the two dogs...one being the vicious little terrier... Now it was on a lead...no muzzle.

I walked near them with caution, but the man just stood there, bearing in mind he was about to cross the road (as his house was down the lane) but he continued to stand???

I walked the girls past quickly..and yes you have guessed...it went straight for Fkower agan, really vicious little thing it was. I couldnt bit my tongue, I said 'thats evil theat bloody dog you know' he just walked off.

Who can I report him too? I live in a small village so no dog warden. It only needs a muzzle on, but the fact he didnt even try and avoid a fight is so irresponsible. I might just threaten him next time, and tell him it needs a muzzle or else I will report him??? xxxx Just so angry...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-11-2007, 05:15 PM
So sorry to hear you have had more trouble some people are so unfair to others.Would the RSPCA be worth a try i know when a dog round here attacked several other dogs the RSPCA and police stepped in and it is now on a final warning.We have no dog Warden either.
Mind you it had attacked 7 dogs by this time.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks Lynn, I may threaten him with that next time, its just hard knowing whats best, and I will report him if it happens again, It really botherms me if he was to get Willow he really would kill her... xxx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 06:04 PM
If the dog is off the lead and actually attacks your dog then you can report it

However, it was on a lead, and therefore under the owners control, and not free to attack, so I dont think you would get very far reporting it this time.

It's awful though, we encounter this all the flaming time, and people dont seem to care that they have the devil on the end of the lead, and use the usual excuse of "well he's just being a typical terrier" *Banghead*

I do feel for you, as it makes walks uncomfortable.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 06:17 PM
I think I would have changed directions rather than walk past them tbh.

The Man sounds like a Tw*t I would give the Dog warden a call see if they will go around and have a chat.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 07:10 PM
There really wasnt anywhere else for me to go, I live at the end of a one way road..but I did try and avoid them, his dog just lunged at us, I will call I think if it happens again, its just a nightmare isnt it! xx
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Oh dear, I hope flower is ok. I really hope that it doesn't happen again. You could report the man to the police, and the dog to the RSPCA
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
I think I would have changed directions rather than walk past them tbh.
Yes me too Amie turn without fuss and walk the other way then back again when the man has gone.
It is wise to keep clear of aggressive dogs and confrontations if you can when out with a puppies to avoid them becoming fear aggressive with other dogs.