View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MallyTia
New Member!
Female 

22-10-2009, 11:19 PM

Mally with a runny nose only in the evening /night?

Hi All,

I have a Mally X GSD she is 3 years old and ive been her owner for the last year and a half. Since we have had her we have noticed that just in the evenings and at night she has a runny nose and eyes . she is not coughing or any discharge of any kind and she definately has an appetite . She has it all year round , but otherwise she is in really good health.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why she might have this ? the vet sayes it is nothing and just sayes we should leave it .

Any advice or ideas are welcome

thanks
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Do you walk anwere different at night? Use sprays etc that you dont use during the day? I would be thinking allergic reaction
ATD x
MallyTia
New Member!
Female 

23-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the reply , I cant think of any changes . I thought it might of been hay fever but it happens all year round and it doesnt happen when she is out and about.

I have changed her bedding and turned the radiator off near her bed but it makes no difference. When she is in the house during the day she doent have it either , its so strange that it only happens in the late evening when she is going to sleep.

It doesnt appear to be getting to her as she is always bounding around and getting up to mischief. She snores at night and makes wimpering noises too.... as i understand this is normal behaviour for dogs .