register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Cannot understand people not bothering to wash, especially if they are off to work, that is yukky
Lovely day here, as LG says, cold but sun out already and a blueish sky.
That mission you've been on sounds lovely, LG. Bet it is beautiful when its completed. Will you be heading up the Customer Service department by any chance
Wish Steve would stop acting like a 5 year old, Moyra. Not fair on you at all
Lynn sorry to hear about the drive, maybe in all the upset it has got pushed down The List and forgotten. They sound lovely people and I'm sure they wouldn't upset you on purpose. Got everything crossed the interview goes well and he gets a job offer, one less thing to worry about then.
Griff, you poor thing not being able to sleep. Do you think it's the meds causing it, hoping you get a Siesta this afternoon to make you feel better
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Glad you got your errand sorted out Griff - does sound as if the train was your better option - espescially if the buses are filled with a proliferation of pongy persons (which you don't need) not for nothing do they refer to the general public as the "Great Unwashed".
Mind you! I am not to sure about soap and water being cheap. The last time I went into Lush (which let's face it is only an up-market soap shop) it cost me about £120.
Perhaps they should run them through a dip-bath like you do with sheep - very cost effective and I'd pay good money to see that. I could re-train Fagin as a sheepdog to round the smelly beggars up!! LOL !! That'd be fun!
Have a good rest of day - I am hoping that as you didn't mention your toe it has eased off a bit. Perhaps you could get a siesta later - if the dogs will allow it! Take care, bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2016, 09:14 AM
June - can't envisage being in "Customer Service" partly because I failed the tact and diplomacy exam! Not surprising really - not noted for being sweetness and light (even on a good day).
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Just back from a drive to Wisbech with Mark he wanted me to go so I could put my mind at rest about his driving. Didn't feel nervous at all. Of course it is the idiots he has to watch out for.

Glad your errand is sorted griff and that the smells were not s bad as you thought they may be. Kazz I also hate having access over a drive one of the reasons I really didn't want this house but at the time not much choice.
June you are right it has been pushed to the back now but they started this again before the bad back and his mum dying. Today the drive is covered in their dogs poop.
Don't get me wrong I like Paul and Beth and have a good relationship with them but sometimes they do push the boundaries and take advantage of our getting on with it attitude. Anyone else would of possibly shouted by now.
Don't get me wrong I shan't go in guns blazing but I do need to ask the question of what is happening with the van and that we are prepared to dig in and do it if they tell us what they want cutting back or give them a hand.
Parked out on the road daytime next to the entrance/exit is dangerous in itself and Beth knows this and has mentioned it before.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Good afternoon

Welcome back Gordon and pleased you enjoyed your working holiday and that also the mem and the dogs did too.

Now you have had a drive with Mark you mind will be a little more settled. Unfortunately we can't do anything about the idiots on the road Hope you manage to get the drive sorted one way or another. I am sure if you make a start on it they will be out to help. All good wishes for the interview and hope he gets the job.

Hope the toe is better this morning Griff but I am sure it is as your have managed your adventure on the train

Good afternoon Kazz and Moyra.

Lovely here today although it was a tad nippy this morning. Monthly shop done, sorted and put away and lunch cooked and eaten. Now having a coffee and waiting for the summons for son as to when he wishes to be taken to the station - no hurry on my part he is welcome to stay another night.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2016, 12:40 PM
LG with your skills of tact and diplomacy I am sure you would be the shining star in a Customer Services role, doing your utmost to keep the customer happy, polite and willing to lie down in the mud for them to walk over you
Lovely sunshine and feeling quite summery, but cooler obviously
Lynn, hoping the driveway is sorted sooner rather than later, why leave dog poo on the driveway when it is matter of seconds to pick it up and bin it that would annoy the heck out of me, attracting flies etc.I'm scrupulous about cleaning in the yard and kennels because I would hate my neighbours to be subjected to that because I couldn't be bothered basically. Glad the drive went well, just got the interview to go well now.
Sue, you are a saint, plus a reliable taxi service,and hope you are much appreciated, but I suspect not
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2016, 01:37 PM
It is annoying June as like you say it only takes seconds to clear it up. if it is near our gate I pick it up most times especially if people need to come down the drive for anything to do with us.
It was cleaned up when I went to do the gates for Mark. Beth herself told me it caused a bit of a to do between her and Liz the lady who lived here before us. One of Liz's children stood in some and Liz went off at the deep end by putting a rude note through the door.
Didn't get much choice when we moved here time, and what was about and distance to the family but when we move there will definitely be no rights of access or shared driveways I shall be putting my foot down very firmly.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2016, 01:54 PM
See dog poop would be my 2nd worse nighmare, in fact could become my 1st. I had a flat once converted house as such, one flat up up one flat down I was the up, my front door went straight up the stairs. My neighbour downstairs had a dog and it pooped outside my door almost every single day sometimes twice. Now he had a kitchen door and conservatory doors
out to the rear gaden no need to let his dogs out the front. No way to really fence mine off.
I moved in in the winter and the garden was overgrown and to be honet I never inspected the grass for dog poop and by the time I realised what was going on rather than fall out I cleared it up. I sold my flat after a couple of years he was still there (it was his Moms flat he lived there rent free) I found out as he was chatty so was his Mom who although in her late 80's then came once a week to clean I thought she was a paid cleaner for almost a year before she mentioned her son....two and two fell together.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Dog poo is a no no it only takes seconds to pick up. I even follow Teazle round the garden and the only poop that hasn't been picked up is if she has done it whilst I was not with her, not very often. All my pockets have bags in them

No not a saint June but my son does appreciate everything I do for him and would never put upon me.

Just back from a nice walk had to go on my own as my granddaughter wanted to speak to her Uncle Paul so left them to it She is now watching tv so have told her he has to go home or we could be watching cartoons in Portuguese for another two hours
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2016, 02:15 PM
I was distraught at the thought of the dog poop as I had sold the flat to a nice couple. Although I had on occasion mentioned the dog poop had never got round to sorting it properly. As I was walking down the path one day he cameout with a friend and I heard hi say how sorry he was I was leaving as he would have to pick up his own dog poop now or get his Mom to do it, I saw red but kept walking I had a monthish before I moved and I still picked up the dog poop but put it in the incinerator which I lined with a black bin liner, it was July/August 1990 so warm a heatwave I think.
Then one day he was having some friends over so I got the bin liner of dog poop/incinerator and put it on his conservatory patio and burnt it put a note on the table saying "All yours"
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >