Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 08:00 PM

Urinary Infection?

Poor Hoki, it just seems one thing after another with her at the moment.

I think she has a urinary infection - she is peeing or trying to pee (can't really see whether anything coming out) really, really frequenty.

OH will take her to the vet tomorrow, presumably it would be sensible to take a pee sample with us -

So my question is,once I've collected it, should it be put in the fridge or is it fine just left out? (it is likely to be a few hours between me getting it and her going to the vet)

PS - wish me luck trying to get the sample - never had to do this before.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Most important use a clean collecting container and store in a clean bottle, no need to use the fridge.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks Pita. Don't know what made me think about the fridge, I thought I'd read it somewhere.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 08:13 PM
You are best to get the sample first thing in the morning . When you phone for appointment tell them you have got the sample and maybe you could put the sample into the vets first thing even if your appointment is not till later .
For females I find the best thing to catch it in is a shallow dish like a saucer really clean of course . Then transfer it to the clean container to take it to vets .
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 08:14 PM
I do this a lot........ Roxy is always getting urinary infections..... and I collect a wee first thing in the morning.

I think Patch came up with the idea of a "dish on a stick", which sounds brilliant to me.

Luckily, Roxy's a bit deaf, so doesn't notice me creeping up behnd her.

Poor Hoki - hope it's sorted soon - probably just needs some ABs.

x0x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Nothing to add but I hope she is better soon.

Gentle (((hugs))) x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks all.

She didn't like me creeping up behind her and moved away once, but I think she was just too desperate to go the 2nd time so, mission accomplished (despite the filthy look she gave me)

It is a urinary infection - she's got some ABs so hopefully will be back to normal soon.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 03:42 PM
She should hopefully feel better soon once the AB's get working . Glad you managed to get the sample
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Glad Hoki ok. Not much fun trying to collect samples, lol. Hope the abs kick in soon.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Thanks all.

She didn't like me creeping up behind her and moved away once, but I think she was just too desperate to go the 2nd time so, mission accomplished (despite the filthy look she gave me)

It is a urinary infection - she's got some ABs so hopefully will be back to normal soon.
That's actually GOOD news, even though Hoki probably doesn't think so at the moment. A bog standard urinary infection can be cleared in a few days, and Hoki should start feeling better in 24-36 hours.

Job done!

x0x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >