View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vincent smith
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-01-2007, 11:09 PM

concerns about my husky (chewing tip of tail)

can some1 help me with some advice about my siberian husky she is 2years old and some times she chews the tip of her fur at the tip of her tell hope some1 can help me with some info about it thank you.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by vincent smith View Post
can some1 help me with some advice about my siberian husky she is 2years old and some times she chews the tip of her fur at the tip of her tell hope some1 can help me with some info about it thank you.
Hello Vincent have you looked at the skin on your dogs tail , does it look red or scaly, are there spots, have you checked for fleas , it could also be a blocked anal gland.
Sorry so many questions also when did this start and how often does she do it..
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Does she get plenty of excercise and stimulation,some dogs tend to chew from boredom also ?
vincent smith
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-01-2007, 06:41 PM
hi tink.
thank you for your advice very helpfull,she is geting out a lot along the country tracks and up at the woods which go on for miles,she got a rubber to that she is playing with and not bored at all as you sade it must be boredom.
she just hit my in the back of the head with her toy that will last for some time as the toy you can put food in to it as well she is haveing fun with it now.
thank you again,if i get stuck again can i get bak to you if you dont mind.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Aww bless her,she sounds like shes having fun !!
To be honest i don't know much about the husky as a breed, i have Beagles which can be very mischeivious if they don't get enough stimulation so perhaps it could be a skin problem as Mini said or possibly just a habit ?
I'm sure someone will come along with a bit more knowledge and post on this thread but feel free to post back if you've any more questions.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 07:14 PM
is it the end of her tail? not seen a sibe do this b4, none of mine do it , not sure what advice to give mate , if given plenty of exercise shouldn't be boredom , maybe a visit to the vet may be of more use, sorry not much help.
vincent smith
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-01-2007, 07:39 PM
hi rosegallagher
thanks for that every addvice i pop in to the vets soon as i can,she shases her tail and bites the fur right at the end of her tail she not done it for some time now.
vincent smith
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-01-2007, 07:45 PM
hi tink
woly is mischeivous, the things she does when we go to our room she can open the door then when we wake up she on the bed then get a fright all you see is a head and two eyes looking at you it is funny some times she is starting to be good and going to her bed when i say
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Misty did this once (through stress we believe) she chewed if off literally overnight, did it a couple of times over the next few nights & then never did it again.

I did post a thread asking if anyone could help explain why the underneath part has never grown back of if it ever will but I got no replys.
vincent smith
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-01-2007, 08:58 AM
hope i get picture up so you may see her tail looks ok now.
Img code Imgjhttp://i 140.phot
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >