Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:14 AM

Truffles & Wispa, Staffie pair/male & female, DOB 07/06

Truffles & Wispa, Staffie pair, DOB 07/06 – Godstone, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Truffles and Wispa would be good to home together: so many lovers of the breed dream to own two and to help two, but must have the means to support 2 dogs. Truffles and Wispa will be good meeting children but they need to be central to their family’s activities so best to live with older children as they shouldn't get hyped up.

Their Story: Truffles and Wispa have always lived together since Wispa joined Truffles as a puppy; they are thought not to be related. One of their owners died and the other is seriously ill. A taxi driver involved in transporting the owner to hospital decided to go all out to support getting these 2 wonderful dogs a rescue place when he heard they were booked in to be put to sleep. He contacted us and the rest is history. Truffles and Wispa have been fully vaccinated, chipped and neutered.

Advert: Truffles and Wispa are scrummy. Truffles is very, very friendly with everyone ... indulgent of affection. Wispa is a quieter boy who needs to be given his place once Truffles is satiated, as she is demonstrative and emotionally 'needy'. Care should be taken to keep their energy calm especially during the first few weeks as they will be both be tired and excited and have had a spat in such a situation once before. On the whole they bounce off one another and have shared their flat and now their kennel snuggled up together.

Truffles was born Oct 06 and Wispa is younger born May 07. Truffles is a small chunky and extremely pretty Staffie. Wispa is standard sized for a Staffie male and indeed a handsome lad. Shy by nature Wispa states his claim on attention whilst Truffles is out to impress, delight and entice you to swoon. Truffles has everyone laughing as she entertains and Wispa captures their heart with his gentleness.

Please note that these dogs is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100 dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Truffles & Wispa are still available for adoption!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-08-2013, 08:16 AM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

"Sue took teddy bear Wispa out for a wander, I had my niece and nephew with me and they were delighted to meet him, they all behaved very well indeed and cuddles were on the menu ...

Wispa the gentle gentleman!

Truffles & Wispa are still available for adoption and could be fostered together until their home comes along.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-08-2013, 09:45 AM
An update video from one of our volunteer walkers:

"I walked this fun pair this morning. They are always delighted to see each other and just bumble along happily together. Two small Staffies with huge and engaging characters".

Video: Truffles & Wispa

Truffles & Wispa are still available for adoption. They would also like a break from kennels if you are able to foster them until their home comes along?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-09-2013, 07:36 AM
An update from one of our kennel volunteers:

"My partner and I took these two out today, I took Wispa and he took Truffles. They were both very excited at being harnessed and taken out, Truffles was on her back as always, giving out kisses as I tried to put her harness on. We took them on a lovely circuit in the wooded area to the rear of the kennels. They both behaved well and were very energetic. They passed a couple of dogs off lead, but didn't have a chance to say 'hello' to them. They had a cool down in the stream on the way back and then we took them into one if the grass runs back at the kennels to let them off lead together. Firstly they were interested in the chickens in the runs next to them, then we found a ball for them to chase. Even if Truffles got the ball first, Wispa would somehow get it off of her. Truffles also showed us that she can roll over and over and over!!!
It was lovely to see them off lead playing, they really do need a forever home.

Having a rest

Truffles smiling

Is that a treat for me?

Any more?

In the stream

Looking at the chickens

Waiting for the ball".

Truffles & Wispa are still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Both Truffles and Wispa have found foster places separately and are doing really well. Both are still available for adoption ...

Their fosterers say ...

Truffles ...
"She is so sweet and entertaining we are constantly taking photos of her:

Truffles is as affectionate as ever. If we pop into my work she loves going in the admin office to see the girls that work there. She adopts her usual lying on her back position so they can rub her tummy.

She has also settled in well in the home and enjoys cuddling up to us on the sofa or playing with her toys or football in the garden".

Wispa ...
"Hi friends! Sorry I've been offline for awhile, my new foster life here in Winchelsea has been keeping me busy! I go for walkies on the beach everyday with my foster family, whom I'm really enjoying. The have two little boys, and although I was a bit nervous of them at first, I now am happy to see them and give them kisses and cannot stop wagging my tail.

Today we went for a long walk and picnic as it was such a gorgeous day. I am learning to adjust to meeting strange dogs when out and about and barely give them a passing notice (ok, maybe a sniff or two!)

Here's some pics of my fab life at the moment, just curled up back in my basket for a long snooze!

Talk soon,
Wispa xx"

Truffles & Wispa are both available for adoption and will be homed separately.
Closed Thread