Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 04:18 PM

James Wellbeloved small breed

I see James Wellbeloved has brought out a new kibble especially for smaller breeds.

I was thinking should i change Harvey to this he already eats JWB adult but it says smaller breeds are up to 10kg well harvey is a cairn which is classed a small breed but he is a big cairn (not fat) at nearly 12kg so maybe he would be better just sticking with the adult version

Anyone else going to try it?
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2011, 11:30 AM
I received an email from an online pet supply store about it, and did consider it, but like your dog, my CKCS is over 10kg. She's currently on RC. My brother feeds his CKCS JWB, so I'll ask him if he's going to try it and let you know if he does and what he thinks.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I have a 10kg Westie and a 9kg mongrel, when the JWB food Roxy won is finished, I intend to try them both with the JWB small breed dog kibble as they are both doing extremely well on this food.

Unless your dog eats extremely fast (in which case the regular sized kibble might be best as the have to crunch it more, JME), then I would imagine this would be ok for dogs around 10, 11 and 12kg, too, as that isn't particularly large.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 06:58 PM
as far as i know the only difference is the size of the kibble not the ingrediants. If you contact jwb they will send you a sample
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 08:00 PM
If your dog is doing really well on what you feed now, why change?

It can be so hard to find the 'right' food, so if you've found it, my view would be to keep it and not change
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
as far as i know the only difference is the size of the kibble not the ingrediants. If you contact jwb they will send you a sample
There appears to be a couple of small changes going by what I've read on the website......

http://www.wellbeloved.com/about_us/...all_breed.aspx

It is still a whole range of excellent range of dog food, I think.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 11:17 PM
I stopped feeding JWB because the not knowing what the "JWB special ingredients" are bothered me

If my dog was doing well on a particular food though I'd see no reason to change him to a large or small breed version they'd just brought out.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I stopped feeding JWB because the not knowing what the "JWB special ingredients" are bothered me

If my dog was doing well on a particular food though I'd see no reason to change him to a large or small breed version they'd just brought out.
I would doubt it was anything bad....

Both my dogs are doing fantastically well on it, so whatever they are, it's good for my dogs!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I would doubt it was anything bad....

Both my dogs are doing fantastically well on it, so whatever they are, it's good for my dogs!
Rupert didn't do too badly on JWB but as I say, those special ingredients put me off. Whether they're "bad" or not (and "bad" is soooo subjective) doesn't matter to me, it's the fact they don't tell you what they are. I contacted them and asked and they wouldn't tell me so I changed food.

I wouldn't completely rule the food out in the future because of it but it did put me off it.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 11:10 AM
My mini-mutt does awfully well on whatever the big dogs have.
He had tripe for breakfaast and will polish off beef mince and hearts for dinner.
Why do smaller dogs (or bigger dogs) need special food?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >