Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2011, 11:20 PM

What do you pay for your water...?

I pay £25.00 pcm to United Utilities.....seems a lot for water, they say this is normal
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2011, 11:37 PM
I pay £29 pcm which i'm happy with, My in-laws live in Devon i'll stick with my bill
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
I pay £29 pcm which i'm happy with, My in-laws live in Devon i'll stick with my bill
Thats more than I pay for broadband tv and line rental.....maybe not as bad as I thought then.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 11:47 PM
We pay £33 per month, and it's just the two of us! We don't waste either. we have questioned it but apparently this is right
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2011, 11:52 PM
They must be making a good profit, not like it falls out of the sky or anything....
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 11:56 PM
We pay about £25 pcm (can't remember exact amount), and I think it's cheap! Unlimited water for £25! (Not that we waste water.....but it means as we're not on a meter we don't have to worry if we want 2 showers a day, shower the dog, water the garden, fill paddling pool up in summer etc etc...)
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
We pay £33 per month, and it's just the two of us! We don't waste either. we have questioned it but apparently this is right
You can get them to fit a water meter for free, and you only pay for what you use....so I've just read
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 05:23 AM
I am on a water meter, it is great cos my usage is actually less than the standing charges!

If I moved to a house where there was not one fitted I would get one fitted, I believe we should all pay for what we use, the same as electricity, gas, etc.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2011, 05:51 AM
Water here is metered but even though my bungalow is detached it is on the same plot of land owned by my landlord who lives in the bungalow next door, therefore there is one meter and one bill for both properties. When I first moved in here in November 2000 it was agreed that I would pay x% of the water bill, there being only one of me and my bungalow being half the size.

Having just checked the last amount I paid was ~£21.20 for the previous three months, paid together with my rent which is paid three months in advance.

It might not sound a lot but I do not use tap water for drinking or cooking, my floors are rarely washed and my yards never watered, so basically it is water for showering, flushing the lavatory, washing up, and using the washing machine once a week. If I had my own meter it would probably be even less.

Water is very scarce here so people are careful as to the amount of water they use. As an example, all lavatory cistern have both half and full flush, and usually the half flush is sufficient for just about everything, and only very "posh" expensive homes have bathtubs - most homes only have showers.

[I have not had a bath for nearly 27 years now]

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
Tell me about it!
Although I'm not complaining now that I am on a meter. Because there are only two of us in the house we can be fairly economical and it has made a difference. I will dig a bill out later and see what we pay (poor old lady, I can't remember off hand )
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >