Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 09:42 PM

Fuel, Pump Prices

I can't believe the price to fill up. And it seems to be costing more each week. It is taxed far too heavily.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Well if it means fewer people on the road I am all for it, it is a finite resource after all, what will we all do when it is gone?
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Well I agree, to fill my tank now cost double what it did eight years ago, I am a visiting foothealth practitioner, my car is the most important part of my business. I can't put my prices up, because everyone of us is feeling thwe pinch, so I just don't use the car as much for pleasure. Ughhhhhhh!!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Well if it means fewer people on the road I am all for it, it is a finite resource after all, what will we all do when it is gone?
If the price continues to go up then the poorer people won't be able to afford cars to go to work, but the rich will. How is that fair?

I work 16 miles from my home, I need my car to work, yet it's ok for upper class numpties to drive a whacking great 4x4 to pick the kids up 1 mile from their house!

Obviously a huge stereotypical generalisation, but you get the point.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Trouble is it doesnt just affect us filling up at the pump , the knock on effect raises prices on anything that has to be transported.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I put £20 a week in and if I run out of petrol before I run out of week I don't use it.

Its awful for people who need to use them for work, especially in rural areas.

Not to mention the cost of oil for heating the house.

rune
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 06:38 AM
The really upsetting thing is, I can't see anything being done (by the powers), to combat these rising prices. It seems to me they are not bothered. Are prices going to keep rising........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Well I can't speak for you but personally I know for sure I'll be gone long before the oil runs out
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Well I live in Cornwall and where I live there is no other option - I need a car simply to get to the shop, let alone work. My comute to work now costs me about £8 a day in fuel, thankfully I have managed to negotiate that I work from home most of the time now so as to cut this down. My dad's family live in the Outer Hebrides in Scotland and it is a lot worse there - their fuel costs a lot more as does anything in their shops (as a result of the cost of fuel to get it there!).

I have lived in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Amsterdam and never needed a car in these cities because of the transport networks in place. For people in rural locations it is a diffent story - having a car is more often than not a necessity.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2011, 08:58 AM
i used to put £30 in a week now have had to go dwn to £20 a week, but ony use my car to go too and from work, take my sone to army cadets 2x a week whcih i coniside with weekly shopping as same area and to take my daughter to the horses if shes riding she cant fit 2 saddles etc on a bike!!
i dont take the dogs out at all in the car i walk and find someowehre where they can have an off lead run.
we are a 2 car family but my husband works away during the week and needs a car for all his tools again cant get them on a train/bus! so our cars arnt luxruries we need them!!(and i live in a rural area as well so buses arnt very reg and stop coming into village after 4!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »