Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:36 PM

Benjie's improving!

Well today, it was totally unexpected, but we threw Benjie in at the deep end. I was visiting Pilgrim with Louie so Ludi could get used to bigger bouncy dogs in an environment he was comfortable in. When the OH came to pick me up - he'd brought Benjie - he was invited in and despite my apprehension he was fantastic - even with a Ludi in his face.

I'm apprehensive because of his behaviour on the lead, and Ludi didn't have fur to protect him from a bite if one occurred and I can't afford vet bills at the moment if he did any damage.

Luckily though he was fine and there are pictures in the picture section
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Benjie was a star Judging from his body language he is just nervous of other dogs so when he is on lead he feels he has to act tough as he can't run away

He coped really well because when he got nervous he was able to move away from the other dogs so he had no need to defend himself

You were far more concerned than I was

We all had a lovely day and boy did the dogs sleep well last night
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Oh jesus - it was a struggle getting Louie to go out for his last walk - he was cream crackered!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Glad he did so well! Guess it shows he's just defensive because of his lead. How is he off lead with walks?
I'm off to look at the pictures now Well done Benjie!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Glad he did so well! Guess it shows he's just defensive because of his lead. How is he off lead with walks?
I'm off to look at the pictures now Well done Benjie!
We haven't tempted anything around other dogs offlead. He has attacked off lead before so we're just a little cautious, but maybe on the next Dogsey walk we attend...with a muzzle of course - safe side until we feel it's comfortable.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 09:35 AM
aww well done benjie