Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2018, 09:41 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday 1st March 2018

Morning all
hardly any snow but very cold!!
Steves birthday today, not sure if to see if he wants to go out or not..hmmmm. He has opened his prezzies and loves them all, Molly dog opened one last night lol...went in the bag and helped herself, funny dog.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Good morning Griff and all who follow

Pleased Steve enjoyed his presents and lol at Molly not wanting to be left out.

Do hope Peter, with your help, can sort out a care plan for Gill its just not fair on her to be pushed backwards and forwards just to keep the hospital happy. It is also not good that they cannot agree on her prognosis. Hugs.

Very cold here again with the odd snow flurry. Walked Teazle then walked into the village to pay some bills. Warming up now until going out with her Ladyship again this afternoon.. Chicken stew and dumplings for lunch yum.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Morning griff and Sue and all who follow.
Very cold and windy here and heating or hot water. Boiler lost pressure overnight so think a pipe has frozen getting water from cold tap not hot. Couldn't get the boiler to re-pressurise so log burner on and Gorden on way home.
Have booked a plumber he cannot get here til 4-5pm. Hoping we may have it fixed by then.

Hope Steve has a nice birthday griff and pleased he liked his presents.

Harvey yes palliative care are happy for her to keep going into hospital every 3 weeks or 4 days depending on how the infection takes her. They are happy to keep rehydrating and putting ab's in till they no longer work how long that will be we don't know. Peter got a call yesterday she will be home today or tomorrow same sort of care enablement 4 times a day instead of two district nurse not sure of they are increasing her visits. She needs to actually do some nursing not just pop her head in ask how she is Gill says ok then she goes.
Also the care will not be reviewed at 6 weeks but be continuous.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Stay safe and warm.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2018, 12:44 PM
The roads are blocked here and a lot of the farmers are out trying to get them moving again. The big council snow clearing wagons can't get out because of abandoned cars blocking the roads. It's blowing a flaming gale and to top it all, we have a flood warning.

Don't know why they bothered warning us as there's no way out. Thankfully, it's only at the alert stage so hopefully all should be well, but we do have more snow forecast this afternoon and through the night.

Think the 'beast from the east' needs a good seeing to now and sending back to Siberia where he belongs (or should that be she as it's called storm Emma)?

We are still hibernating hoping the electric holds out as it's gone off in the next village. Books charged up, candles at the ready just in case
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2018, 02:40 PM
oh dear to both Chris and Lynn...hope heating is fixed and lights stay on and deffo no floods
really hope that Gill gets the care she needs and ideally a hospice placement
hardly any snow here so far, didn't go for lunch for Steves birthday as he said he didn't want to risk anyone driving into him? said he could have got the bus but he just laughed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Sorry you didn't get lunch out griff.
Chris it is so windy here.
Gorden came home right hand lane of the M11 blocked with snow due to the wind driving it over.
Heating back on Gorden thawed pipe with a hairdryer. Phoned plumber and cancelled he suggested a trace heating wire and he can install to think we may go that route and something handy to know if we get the same set up when we eventually move.

Peter had no phone call so doesn't look like Gill will be home today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2018, 03:50 PM
I am glad Gill is staying, disgusting expecting a poorly lady to keep going in and out of hospital every 4days
Pleased you got the heating on.
I don't mind the lunch thing, saved me a few quid...well I have spent more than I expected at the vets and I am supposed to be out Sunday but not heard anything more about that
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Griff, admire you for even thinking of going out in this weather

Lynn, thanks for explaining. Sounds like they have upped the home care which must help but more needs to be done, hope they get it sorted.

Also thanks mentioning 'trace heating' they use that a lot on the oilrigs but I didn't know you could get it for domestic heating systems as well.

News on the rat, well there are actualy TWO very cheeky as well, come out in daylight around the bird feeder. SWMBO has stopped putting seed on the ground (She did it because she reckons the blackbirds won't feed on the feeder itself ) anyway I've now cleaned up four traps and loaded two with a special 'attractant' and two with melted cheese so we'll see tomorrow if that has worked
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2018, 01:42 AM
Evening all, I really do hope that things take a turn for the better Lynn it is truly about time things were sorted out to the satisfaction of your Gill and all her family. Good luck.
Harvey - really good bait for trapping rats is chocolate or pork fat. Failing that you can have Scout on loan for a couple of weeks - that would solve the problem, although I don't know what Casey and Lara would make of the little horror!
Griff - good to know you haven't lost your unique ability to attract weirdos,seems to me like you caught a beauty the other day. It must be a new perfume you've tried! lol !
Weather here is grim - the local lanes are filled in with drifting snow and the wind has been relentless for the last 24 hrs, now seems to incorporate really strong blasts mixed in with it. The sort of stuff that causes damage.
Apparently more wind and snow due overnight and all tomorrow!
Take care all and wrap up well, bye fer now.