Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
:

One other question before I go....... have you ever been guilty of actually poking around in it with a stick??? I know, I know, but there could be worms or something in there that I've missed lol!!!!
*the shame* More than once YES *the shame*
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I feel sooo much better now you've said that!!!

I hope that new food sorts her out, let us know, I for one will be interested.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 06:16 PM
*sits in Mastermind chair looking smugly confident

During the ten years or so that I worked at Boarding kennels I developed the ability to identify which poop belonged to which dog when cleaning up the exercise areas........very useful indeed for identifying or narrowing down the possibilities for a dog with a problem, be it worms or whatever. Even now I still comment on dog poops spotted on daily walks, much to my husband's amusement.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post

During the ten years or so that I worked at Boarding kennels I developed the ability to identify which poop belonged to which dog when cleaning up the exercise areas........very useful indeed for identifying or narrowing down the possibilities for a dog with a problem, be it worms or whatever. Even now I still comment on dog poops spotted on daily walks, much to my husband's amusement.
Lol, I too stand accused of that one!!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi try feeding fish and potato instead of chicken and rice, quite a few dogs are intolerant to chicken.

The kibble try potato based again and not rice and salmon protien or turkey is supposed to be good for dodgy tums.

You could also try a grain free kibble as she could be grain/wheat intolerant.

Hope you get it sorted, my lurcher suffers from colitis so i sympathise
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post

Brilliant.... *thumbs up*
Beachlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
*the shame* More than once YES *the shame*
lol, oh there's no need for shame, at least your dog is proven to be worm-free ! Most dog owners I know tend to do it (my aunt even breaks up the poop manually through the poop bags to have a really good look )

Anyway, I'm really glad they have the correct amount of poop one less thing to worry about!

Lol funny you mention discussing other dogs poop, because I always recognize the poop of my auntie's dogs when we go on walks at the beach, which my husband seems to find hilarious...
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 05:18 AM
So just to report back, (as I hate it when I never know how threads end up)... anyway the TOTW Salmon and Potato food is working out wonderfully!!

Tilly is now a Perfect Pooper!!

I have been amazed by how much her poop has improved from what it used to be even before she had diarreah!!, now there is not as much, it is what I would expect to see and she is loving the food..... I THINK her coat has also got shinier, hard to tell though as it has been really warm lately so she has been doing lots of swimming so that could be the reason!

Anyway - lets hope the perfect poop continues!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 06:02 AM
YAYYYYYY long may it last DD! Salmon is a great conditioner, no wonder Tilly is looking better on this food, not to mention the poops being perfect, let's hope it all stays this way for you now.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I have found when Poppy's been ill chicken and rice makes her worse, I tend to use turkey and pasta, which she is fine with - strange.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3