View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pepp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I work at Next part-time at the moment. Started as a University job and 3 years later I'm still here :s.
I have applied and had an interview to begin a primary PGCE course to become a Primary teacher, just waiting to hear if I'm in now......fingers crossed!!

P.S
I would look into TA work anyway because I know a lot of mums at the school I volunteer at have gotten on at the school as TA's with no proper qualifications and gained them whilst working
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm a Support Services Assistant for the Local Authority in Child Protection and Looked After Children.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm my husbands PA

Basically I answer the phone, chase payments, book jobs in, do the invoicing and accounts, designed and maintain our website, order stock and then raise the payments...a bit of everything really.

I am so lucky that I work from home, Henry has me with him all day and we can break for cuddles and walks whenever we want, although we don't let on to the hubby just how many cuddles we have

The only downside is that he is a 24/7 locksmith so when he is woken up in the night with a callout so am I, I then have to get up so I can process the card details he rings in from site..c'est la vie
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
hmm..see im quite tempted by Teaching Assistant (Primary School) sadly I dont have the GSCE's/A levels

Do you need them? Have you explored PTLLS, CTLLS and DTLLS?
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:34 AM
No I havent actually SB...I have just sent off for a few prospectuses (SP?) to see what I like the look of. I wonder if a Life Coach would be worth the money?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:38 AM
what does that involve? how did you get to do the job you do? what training did you do?
Well I arrived at my current profession via a rather convoluted route. After working with horses when I left school then becoming a nanny (yes, hard to believe but true) I was then a professional wife for over a decade and returned to working with horses.

I got fed up pushing barrows of muck around a frozen yard so decided to go to evening classes to get some qualifications and passed my RSA 1 - 3 in typing, Word Processing, CLAIT with distinction and got hired as a temporary secretary.

After I pushed all othe other secretaries out and became full time I went on to get my Certificate in Management at evening class whilst looking after vehicles and then our company was bought by a large company and introduced a Loss Prevention System which I implemented to achieve 97% success in audit.

They then closed (nothing to do with me) and I got a job in another branch in another location initially in Quality (controlled documentation) which then widened to include H & S. I have several qualifications in the H & S Field including NEBOSH and others.

My work involves accident investigation and telling people how to avoid having them and telling them off a lot!

(Quelle surprise I hear you gasp)!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:40 AM
No I havent actually SB...I have just sent off for a few prospectuses (SP?) to see what I like the look of. I wonder if a Life Coach would be worth the money?

http://www.ptlls.co.uk/

Look here, it may help if you like teaching, even if you want to become a DTI, PTLLS will be of assistance.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:44 AM
ooh thanks SB x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.teachingassistantcourses....qualification/

Look here too.
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:52 AM
i work part time at asda as a uni job while i'm studying to be a radiographer almost at the end of my second year.
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »