Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 08:08 PM

Squeaky ball

Cookie my Pig Dog has eaten Parker's squeaky Ball its a the soft rubber type.

This was done yesterday at about 6pm how long should it take to pass though(please let it pass though )

She has done 2 poo's(normal) but with no ball Yet

She is still fine in herself at the moment, but if I see any sign that she is getting poorly she will be down the vets.

Is there still a good chance it will still pass??????

She only ate it because she thought I was going to take it off her I tell you the Older she get the more stupid she gets
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh please watch her carefully. This happened to my gsd after we were out walking and he picked up a ball smaller than the one he had. He brought it home and I forgot to take it off him. He had swallowed it and I didnt know. A few hours later he started to become unwell and then trying to be sick we rushed him to the vets and we nearly lost him. It had become stuck and was affecting his breathing they were going to operate but he actually died and the vet just stuck his hand down his throat as fast as he could and managed to get the ball out. they then managed to resusitate him. Thankfully all turned out ok. I am not trying to frighten you but just make you aware of what could happen. I always make sure the dogs toys are too big for them to swallow now. I learned this lesson the hard way. I do hope your dog will pass it in the normal way. Just keep a close eye open.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
that just sound like tob
the closer you get the further down it goes,i would guess she had to chew it up?
tobys ate balls in the past, and they have come out within a day or so, i hope she doesnt get any problems with it,watch her for being sick etc cause the plastic as you know will up set her tum, if your leos are anything like mine it doesn't take a lot to get an upset tum.
let us know how she goes.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
If she is pooing then she should not have an obstruction. if she becomes lethargic, vomits and stops pooing get her to the vets. Fudge had an obstruction a few months ago and she was vomiting clear slimey froth(sorry for the detail but it was very different from other vomit.)Hoping all is ok.