Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2016, 06:53 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, April 10

Good Morning everyone,

Griff, feel for you with the dogs next door barking away early. The dog upstairs started barking off at 3.15am apparently my upstairs neighbour had been out on the razzle and brought back company, so there was lots of clonking around and then the music started! This went on to about 4.30 or more. Good job this is a rare occasion for her, must have been her birthday or something.

Glad you managed to get the girls on part of the river June and only Zen played up a bit.

Lynn, glad you got your trees yesterday. Shame about your friends health getting worse.

Griff, how's your back today? Hope it is still on the improve.

Hope Dillon, Casey and Mr Fritz are also on the improve too.

Nippy Jen, hope all is going well with you and your company.

Have a good day all looks brighter out there. Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2016, 07:22 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Nanny nap today Moyra ?
Lovely sunny day here if a bit on the chilly side. We will be planting trees today and I expect Gorden will be cutting the last of the hedge and Dillon will get it in his coat.
Breadmaker on then have some nice braising steak to go in the slow cooker with a suet crust top for later to go with potatoes and veg.

Hope bad backs are better, visitors are enjoying their stay and no one working too hard, and that all poorly four legged friends are feeling well too.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.
Moyra you will need a nanny nap today to make up for last nights shananigans!
It's a lovely bright morning here, lets hope it stays like it
Our eldest Granddaughter is taking us to lunch today to the posh hotel that she works in! If it is a carvery TW it is bound to be an up market one
I hope everyone is well and that you all have a good day.

Hi Lynn you crept in as I was posting
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2016, 08:43 AM
Sent Zen back into bed at 1.30 am then I had to go to sleep, so feeling dozy this morning. Training today, and now I've got part of the river back am taking Mabs, Kesh and Zen on there. Mabs will be done and dusted as regards her season, Kesh still bang in the middle and not taking any risks I don't have to.
Zen's best mate at training won't be there because she is in season as well, they were taking their other dog into the Gold class but she's text me to say she's not going as her backs been bad for a couple of days now.
Nippy have a gorgeous lunch, and less cooking for you as well.
Hope the weather is beautiful down there and you are spoiled as you deserve it.
Your gardening is gathering pace isn't it Lynn, have pulled the dead stuff out of the pots, and thats it, am going to have to have it re turfed I think, if it would stop raining I could do things, but every day its the same, at least its not all day I suppose.
Moyra, think you'll need a nanny nap after your night, thought I was awake late. Tuck yourself up after lunch and have a couple of hours.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Moyra, deffo have a sleep this afternoon, it was about 8 am for me
Lynn, I was looking at getting a breadmaker but the one I looked at did square loaves!!
Nippy, hope you have a lovely lovely lunch
TW....I wonder if Zen is getting booted out of the kennel?
My back seems a little better today...still not right but an improvement is a good thing
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Enjoy lunch Nippy Jen.
Have a good walk June.
We have not long been back lovely day here in Norfolk. Saw a loose pony down one of the roads we come back on so we thought we would divert as Dillon can get very silly around horses and did not want him and a horse prancing around. Thought it had broke free from the field where some graze. I walked back to the houses to see if I could ask if they knew who owned them but of course no answer.
Saw a lay who lives down the road from us out walking and after we got past the confusion that it was a horse not a dog she had no idea either.
I decided to see if I could get it back in but I am allergic so try not to have to much interaction with them. A lady in a car had stopped turns out it had a tether she was phoning the police as we left. It was happy between the hedging and fencing greeting the horses in the field.
I have just posted on our local streetlife.
Fingers crossed it gets to somewhere safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2016, 09:31 AM
No she isn't being thrown out this time as there was no grumbling when she went back in, and a couple of times she ran in the minute I came out of the door, plus she knew she was being naughty because she rolled over on her back because she knew I was getting very cross with her. She is such a softy, when rolling on her back doesn't work, she runs up and grabs my hand (very gently) and starts licking me. I've seen her guarding a bone from Keshi, so she can stick up for herself now, she's taller than any of them as well, she has no idea of that though
Wonder if the horse was fly grazing, Lynn. That is either illegal now or something similar and they have wardens similar to dog wardens who have the power to seize the horses after a couple of warnings
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Think that's likely June. Bit like Harlow round here one bit of land actually a public footpath between us and Wisbech always has ponies tethered out there, plus everyone fly tips there too. Not sure it would of come that far. We don't usually see horses tethered in the village itself.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2016, 10:36 AM
i am pleased the horse found people to help it, i used to hate going to doncaster and seeing the horses tethered out in all weathers with no coats
so Zen was just being a minx then....little monster
i am going to try and walk the dogs today...i am terrfied Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Griff, leave it till tomorrow when there aren't as many people about. Its dry and sunny here, so they'll be out in their droves.
I think all of mine are fed up as they are on restricted walks due to seasons. Cariad and Lona are happy to have a short walk and play, now I can get Lona having a swim and Cariad a paddle they are OK, but the younger ones need more.
Another week and we can go back onto the Country Park because Kesh will be on her way out virtually.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »