Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2016, 06:10 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, April 8

Good morning everyone,

LG, so sorry to hear about the old badger, such a shame.

Griff, glad Dex's op on her tooth went well and that your back is slowly on the mend.

Lynn, that was a weird, but perhaps not, experience at the cemetery. Good to think they are happy together.

June, do hope the yellow coats mean it will not be long now before you get your bit of river back, it will be good to see what Zen makes of it.

Hope Dillon and Casey's legs are better and Mr Fritz is well on the mend now too.

Nippy Jen, hope you are feeling better today love.

Have a good day everyone, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2016, 06:53 AM
Morning folks.
Up early, for me! and you still beat me Moyra!
Hope everyone is well, our friend comes from Germany today. He has already landed so I must get my skates on and finish my preparations. We are just having a salad for tea so thats easy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2016, 07:24 AM
Morning Moyra and Nippy Jen and all who follow.
Weather looking a bit doubtful here.

Hope your well today Moyra and Nippy jen and all those who follow and their four legged friends.
Enjoy your friends visit Nippy Jen but don't overdo it.

Dillon seems a bit easier on his leg today all the pills going in I expect after I have ordered the cartrophen. Still worth doing though I think.
What a shame about the badger lovely you laid her to rest Gordon.
I saw someone's cat had been knocked down on the A10 middle of the road last night between Ely and us it was dead but couldn't stop to move it to the side as the road was too busy. Made me feel a bit tearful its someones pet. It did look peaceful though that thought and image stayed with me for the rest of the journey.

Off to look at baths today and then onto the big pet store at Soham.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Morning everyone,
At the moment looks ok out the window, hopefully stays that way.
When Lauryn gets out of bed I'll change the bedding ready for Liam & Sarah coming, lauryn will stay in the little bedroom whilst they here, luckily she don't mind
Got a bit of shopping to do and of course take Rosie out
Glad Dillon's leg is a bit better
Sorry about Mrs Badger LG, nice that you laid her to rest
Enjoy your visitors Nippy
Glad Dex is ok Griff
Hope you have a good day Moyra
Bye for now
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Morning all. I think LG that she knew you would do the best for her. Not much planned for today. Have finished my good book The Wolf Border. I will see what others she has written. Have a good day peeps.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Nice morning here and a dry forecast for a change, will be able to sort girls coats out, or at least make a start, they have been thick mud for a few days now and I can't do anything with wet mud on them except wait for it to dry, by then it is dark, and the next day it is wet mud again.
Timed it right for the bin men this morning, so thats everything gone that needs to be gone, having another sort through stuff over the weekend and getting bits for the charity shop and the rest for the tip organised.
Book sounds good Brenda, will have a look to see what its about I think
Nippy can't believe your German friends are here again, times going past so quickly. Take care of yourself and behave
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Morning all...it is chucking down here, my back is agony again....mum wants to take me to the hospital tomorrow.... If push comes to shove I may risk the walk-in centre
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Oh Griff, as much as I am anti Tramadol perhaps that is what you need. There is nothing so bad as chronic back ache. I hope you get sorted.

Nippy Jen, I do hope you enjoy your German friends visiting but it does seem quite often and I hope you will be up to it. Don't overdo things. At least if you can tell them how poorly you have been maybe they can help you rather than sit back and take your hospitality.

June, it must be quite despairing to not to be out to walk the girls because of the mud and bullits, hope things improve.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Moyra, you could be right...the vet suggested it last night, i won't take it until mum and dad are here as i was very very ill on it, i have had paracetamol and some codeine...will have a little lunch later and will try the naproxen again
Nippy enjoy your friends visit, i hope you get some nice sunny weather for it
TW...i am sure you will get the girls looking lovely in no time
Mandy, don't you go over doing things
Lynn, enjoy your day out looking at baths...and the pet store.
Hi Brenda, hope you are feeling a bit better today
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Took Mabs, Kesh and Zen onto the field in the car, whilst coming out of my road, I looked left (as yer do) and there were NO VANS up by the river entrance...ooooh I thought, I'll check that out when I take Cariad and Lona out.
Started raining the minute I set off, but carried on, got to the field, had my rake with me for their horrid matts which will be taking over by now, and they all rolled in fox poo so that was that, Epic Fail. Had a really good run round with them and they were walking after the ball in the end, so at least wore them out.
Home and took Cariad and Lona over to the river, and yes they have gone, HURRAH!!! Unfortunately there is so much debris been washed up it was well nigh impossible to get onto the banking, we managed in the end, walked up to the waterfall and Lona played with the ball in the water, and Cariad had a good look round, first time she's been offlead like that since before Christmas. A lot of the river bank has been washed away and some trees and bushes have gone. We had a right time of it getting back over the debris, I left Lona to find her own way, had Cariad on a line, I went in front of them and eventually got to the other side, girls were not happy and making unhappy noises, got them over in the end, Lona is a lot more nimble than Cariad and was literally climbing up and down things, encouraged Cariad to walk round and climb over stuff in the water, which she hates, but it was a no go for her to do what Lona did.
Lona's Mountain Goat blood has transferred itself over to Mabs, so will take those two on there next time, perhaps with Zen, don't know really. Anyhow we can get in the little enclosed space where the sub station is (all fenced off) and get down to part of the river, so that will have to do us till I find a way through the debris. If the river drops there may be a way to walk round it rather than climb over.
Griff, can you maybe go and see a Chiropractor or Osteopath, if its a Chiropractor, make sure its a Mctimoney one as they use manipulation. I take Lona to one very occasionally when her back goes and she's right as rain once she's had a massage and its all been put back in place.
Glad I've got access to the river, even if partly, because Lona can go swimming again and its the very best thing for her, winter or not.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >