View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 10:20 AM
NO Shadowboxer this is not the worst I have seen and yes it is part and parcel of rescue you are right ! most people that have to give up dogs really love the dog and circumstances change lots of reasons some just dont understand the breed and cant cope but when an animal has made loads of money for you and you want rid quick this is the line that a lot choose if I go back records this happens over and over again I dont think rescue and breeders will ever agree and I suppose I see it from a different angle my dogs are pets where as some breeders( not to offend anyone ) see them as a way to make money
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 10:22 AM
[quote="Carole"]I take it this happens in all breeds and not just boxers [/quote I really dont know carol I know that staffie rescue are in the same position as boxer welfare but cant say about other breeds maybe someone will enlighten me ]
CBT
Dogsey Senior

09-02-2005, 10:23 AM
my apologies Lorraine, i didnt read the part about her being rehomed at first I only spotted it after I had posted. ops:
im glad she has a new home. Isnt that all that really matters in the end?
I agree with SB that the alternatives to handing her to rescue could have been a lot more unpleasant, so that is something to be thankfull for.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

09-02-2005, 10:29 AM
what condition was the bitch in? If she was in poor condition then you could well have a very good case against the breeder. If he is a licensed breeder, he must fulfill certain criteria, one of them being how often he breeds his bitches and their general care. If you obtained her pedigree when she was handed over, you will be able to check the KC breed records and see how many litters she produced in her lifetime, although this is no solid guarantee as really bad breeders will breed outwith the guidleines of 12 month intervals and just not bother to register the pups
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 11:06 AM
there was nothing wrong with bella at all in fact she is a lovely dog but then I suppose that he had to look after her so that the pups would be fine she had had a litter 8 weeks prior to her having to move on he had the cheek to say that I had more time on my hands than he had and he found welfare handy for freeing up space as he knew that we would get her a home and he had used the welsh rescue in the past for the same thing but as I have said he is not the only one of the breeders that think like this not all care as long as the space has been made for another baby machine
CBT
Dogsey Senior

09-02-2005, 11:10 AM
well at least she has a good home now.
theres always a positive for every negative
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 11:24 AM
well thats true cbt she has brought a lot of love to one family already but I still think that the attitute behind the thinking is wrong of these people yes welfare is there to help and I am more than willing to take any dog sometimes though it hard to comprehend the attitude that somepeople have if they phone and want rid they expect you to just jump well we are all volunteers we all love the breed and DO try to help as fast as possible but we take some ridiculous amounts of abuse as well if things are not done when it suits them example: only yesterday a woman phoned from glasgow COME FOR THIS DOG NOW well unfortunatly there was no-one that could get to her yesterday and arrangements have been made and the dog is getting picked up today she had fallen out with her oh and wanted the dog gone why? I dont know but somehow it was the dogs fault ! but then again if I did not want to do it I would,nt
CBT
Dogsey Senior

09-02-2005, 11:30 AM
that isnt right people shouldnt treat you like that, especially since you only have the dogs welfare at heart. Are people really that rude and horrible?
Im glad i dont work in rescue thats all I can say, I think it would probably get me down after a while if people were so nasty

Being a breeder, all you ever see is the happy smiling faces of people who come to see your pups and you get lots of thanks and updates on how they are getting on, you dont always see the terrible things that go on, or at least I havent, I must have been lucky I guess
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 11:38 AM
yes I am just having a bad day cbt we had one lady if I can call her that call to say she was off on holiday to tenerife on the fri the call came wed had forgotten to get the dog a 4 yr old boxer bitch kennel coughed so we could have her come it was the thursday NEXT DAY that we were to get her but we were told oh! your too f>>>>g late I have had her put to sleep she seemingly would have told the vet that she was biting and of course they cant argue with this so not the vets fault but it does really upset you when you get people like this you can imagine how we all felt and I think we all hope she has a dose of the sh>>s on holiday some people
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2005, 11:40 AM
people like that do not deserve dogs.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >