register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 02:57 PM
I'll pop them ALL in the car then and bring them round, see how you feel by Boxing Day
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 03:21 PM
There I was lying in bed watching a bit of JK, and the wind is hoooooowling and I hear this horrendous loud *bang*!! WTF I thought, so looked out the window.....

See the big fir tree next to the one on the far right (which is the tree on my lawn)

Well, it aint there no more cos it now looks like this

Not only is it across the road, but it's also blocking the entrance to our slip road in and out! How it missed the neighbour's car there God only knows, and my other neighbour had only just driven up here 2 mins earlier!!! My recycle bin that Dave put out there on the corner for tomorrow, is completely flattened!

I told you it was a tad windy darn sarf, and it's heading up north tomorrow.

How's things with you down there Jen? Getting scared now with this wind here....
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Blimey H, that is horrid.. your neighbor is VERY lucky it missed the car..

Does anyone have a chainsaw? if not I will send Mr M over...

We had a BIG icestorm a few year back, and my hooge cherry tree lost a mahoosive branch, it flattened everything in my garden, and one of my neighbors trees came down and missed my chicken coup by about 1 ft. it is so scary..

Stay inside and stay safe!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 03:34 PM
OMG Helena, how lucky is that. Can't believe it missed the car, thank goodness it was only the recycling. Was in the woods on Saturday and there was a tree down right across the track, making a mental note NOT to into the woods at all this week!!!
Youngest son has to go along a piece of motorway which is the highest piece of motorway in the UK and he says it is 80mph winds, and he can feel the car moving!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Wow, Helena, just walked Amber and nearly got blown away. Steve said let her out in the garden but frankly she gets dirtier out there and still wont do her business so I might just as well take her round the block. that is twice out of the three times today I have had to suffer the wind and rain, God job I and Amber have some weight behind us!! Going to put the chicken and baked spuds into the oven and corn on the cob on the stove. Take care all and I will catch you later. God bless, take care everyone, you need to!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Oooh Cath I love the sound of your Christmas eve boxes.
I'm going to remember that for when Kyla is a bit bigger.
Geeez Helena look at that tree! I hope none of the others come down.
There is untold damage here, trees down, a roof off a house in Paignton, flooding but at least my Rowan is still standing
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Helena thank goodness you're all okay, that could have been so much worse. I hope it soon starts to improve for you x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 03:55 PM
All sorted now with a little bit of help from the neighbours, their kids, and a lovely man from the council with a chainsaw in his hand, who was down the road dealing with other fallen trees. He asked if it was "private" to which we replied "yes" but he must have liked us, cos he said, oh well, it's only a little tree I'll go and get my chainsaw and chop it up for ya! Sorted!! The neighbour's kids have cleared the whole road of debris and stuck all the branches on our bit of land at the bottom, but we can live with that.

It's also fatal for my wheelie bin, which has been flattened to a pancake, but I'll let the dustmen sort that one out for me.

Blimey DD, I can't imagine what an ice storm must be like This is bad enough. Glad it missed that coup

Don't go out unless you have to June, it's horrendous out there now and getting worse.

Jen, I keep seeing snippets on the news about all the flooding down your way and the carnage and I'm getting terrified that we haven't even had that lot yet here on the east side of the south coast, which is coming overnight, and there's nothing more scarey than this wind in the hours of darkness is there I'm sleeping in Dave's room tonight cos of that big tree on my lawn which is bending over sideways, it would crash straight through that bedroom window of mine and land on me in bed.

Moyra I don't know how you kept upright in this wind It was blowing us sideway down by that tree just now.

Yes Cath, that could have been ME driving up the sliproad there couldn't it, and I'd have missed another party tonight

Might carry on watching telly now that everything's sorted. Wonder what's gonna happen next. Stay safe everyone, it's very, very scarey out there. I rang Dave and he said they can't stand up outside his workshop without hanging onto the wall to get the cars in.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=Helena54;2770522] I'm sleeping in Dave's room tonight cos of that big tree on my lawn which is bending over sideways, it would crash straight through that bedroom window of mine and land on me in bed.
Any excuse will do
I'm staying put, got the ironing board out, so thats a start, just need to put the iron on and get my t shirts and sheets out and then....IRON THEM
I don't know I could have done with that wood for burning never mind being put in a tidy heap
Hope Dave is OK in his little van, has he got it anchored down, how about Gordon's boat, Lynn
Talking of boats the people having Tala and Tanika showed me piccies of theirs, its a powerboat, but massive, looks like its out of the water, although thats in the piccies of course, I know you can live aboard because thats where they were, having a holiday on it, when their husky was run over by the postvan.
Just for the record, here's Tala and Tanika, who used to be Lara Croft and Dora The Explorer

TALA (Faerie Wish)

TANIKA (Faerie Tayle)

Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh do take extra care all you down south
Snow stopped for the time being slushy mess ,sky looks weird ,think we may have more snow to come ,wind not ant worse smoked salmon ,cheese n port winging its way for the party sideboard
Do take care all
Catch you later off to drag the muppets out
Page 5 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »