View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2013, 04:53 PM
jenny glad to hear you and the boys managed a decent walk today and that are back to their normal mischievous selves again.
Glad you didn't get slapped Linda. Have you got out of the bedroom safely yet ?
Afternoon Pamela.
What a nice surprise Dave buying you the bimmer Helena. Enjoy.

Well we have a contender. The cottage in Upwell mid terrace and with the door onto the street. None of the things I wanted to consider but it is a wow.
Gorden says we can put a stable door on there. It has a shared driveway with the cottage on the end down into a wonderful huge parking area some of which we could make into more garden.
Beautiful inglenook with log burner fireplace lots of space downstairs and two decent sized bedrooms and all the space has been utilised so well.
The cottage is around 200years old. Across the road is the little river that runs through the village and we would own a mooring. You can build a jetty and steps down the bank and moor your boat or fish there. Mark and the kids will love that. People have built jetty's and have benches there too.
2nd house lovely big garden lovely house very nice feel to it but bedrooms far too small. Out of the contest.
3rd viewing the bungalow nice bungalow but very near the A17 in fact it runs along the back of the garden with some hedging and a dyke in between. I thought we could get use to it but the bungalow didn't do it for Gorden.
There is one more house we would like to see which we couldn't a convenient time to view today so we want to see that one before making any offers on the cottage. But we have run out of funds now thanks to BT robbing us on Thursday so have to wait till possibly next weekend if Gorden gets paid early or Wednesday week if he gets paid on time so we now hope no one makes any offers on the cottage or this other house in the meantime that we really want to see.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Lore - Glad you are back safely after camp and I bet you can't wait to eat some good food and sleep in your own bed. Photo please of George and Lenny
June - I didn't do any more ironing but plan to later on ..... I hope
Pamela - Ooo you are like me .... a night of freedom. I hope you enjoy it.
Lynn - Don't keep us in suspense .... have you found your dream home
Helena - Oooh a new car, how exciting .... photo please from you too when you get the chance.
Eileen - Your mop bucket being full and at the ready made me smile

About to take the dogs out for another walk as the sun is still resting ........... it has been fantastic today not feeling hot
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Lynn - That mid-terrace cottage in Upwell sounds lovely and a stable door would be a great idea. I'm going to go and look back on yesterday's thread to find the link to it but I do remember how lovely it was on the inside. Sounds great.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Afternoon Lorraine glad to hear you had a good time at the camp.

Here it is jenny.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...?premiumA=true
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Lynn - thanks for the link but I had't realised you'd put it up again. I eventually found it on Thursday's chat thread. I think it looks fantastic and that wonderful fireplace is to die for. Lovely big kitchen too which all looks in great condition. A stable door would work really well there and you wouldn't have to worry about Dillon getting out at you could see who was there. Looks great!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Oh, I think I'd buy it for the fireplace alone... That's gorgeous Great sized rooms and garden too!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2013, 05:33 PM
oooh Lynn, at long last, you have contender. Nothing better than a proper fire as well in the winter.
Its been slightly cooler here today, sun has been in and out, still warm though.
Had a nice afternoon on Bury market, met Karen (Kaya's mummy) at the tram. We both wanted a gentle leader and there's only Wilkinson's sell them, there is one in Bolton, but we both like Bury and the market. I wanted one because of course Lona's broke during the fiasco with the dog, and Karen wanted one because Kaya is being a nightmare, it isn't pulling as such, she sort of leans on you, Lona does it as well and it is hard to describe, it is like riding a horse that is very heavy on your hands as opposed to riding one that is light on your hands. Cariad is very light, but Lona isn't. I use the gentle leader for safety with 2 of them (and boy did it pay off today despite one breaking) and it does stop Lona leaning on me as well, so Karen is going to try one with Kaya.
Karen also bought me some chicken carcasses over she got from the abbatoir and I gave her some bones and filled her little granny trolley with the 14kg of pet meat that was bunging my freezers up. Because Ringley Bridge is closed and the whole road is a no go area, we went via the farm track, was surprised how many cars we saw on there, one was an absolute lunatic driving really really fast, there are horses hacking out for crying out loud, not to mention chickens wandering around the farms, sheep and cows in the fields, also there was a goose got out as well. Everyone else was like me, going slow and keeping an eye open for spare livestock!!!! I just hope no one causes a bad accident through stupidity because then we will not be able to use the farm road at all.
Lovely to hear camp went well Lorraine, and you got the best weather ever for it, this time last year you would have needed a wet suit.
Happy New Car Helena. Sounds a real bargain that does, you certainly got it at the right price, and you will get a decent price for the Astra I bet once it has stopped being a skip and become an estate again
They couldn't have strayed off the beaten track with the dog, because you have to go there purposely and know where you are going.
Eileen not only was my mop bucket full it was also used!!!
All I have to do now is put the hoover round and finish the ironing. Weather permitting I will go training tomorrow with Keshi, if it is like today I will, if it is too warm I won't. So will be a sunbathing day. Will take girls to the river in shifts, with Mabs and Keshi first, then if that dog is about I will see it first with the babies and there won't be any risk attached then!!!
Linda so pleased to hear you got out of the swimming pool without the woman knowing what you had done, poor woman she would be mortified if she knew, thank goodness nobody has told her. Hope you survived the bedroom, can't you do something about the bathroom window, it will be unreal in there in this heat. I have got my bathroom window wide open to create a sort of draft going through the house, all yours is doing is making it even warmer!!!!
Its lovely the boys are back to their normal selves again Jenny, plus you have the added bonus of a Night Off.
I'll get the butties out for our Party then shall I
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 05:44 PM
TW, all floors washed and gleaming, even bathed Lacey! All alone tonight too, hub has gone to Galway with the lads(football) Heading into offy for a bottle of whatever tickles
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Deffo PARTY NIGHT then
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2013, 06:13 PM
2 bottles of wine, bag of KP nuts,bag of marshmallows, ciggies,...am ready for lift off
Page 4 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »