Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:08 PM

It makes me sick!

The hotels in London are bumping up prices for rooms after yesterday's terrible events.

One man had to rent a room as he couldn't get home due to the transport system being down and he had to pay £250 for an £80 room.

This is a disgrace! London hotel owners are making a profit from other people's misfortunes and meanwhile others are trying to help by free boat journeys on the Thames and one lady was running free services from her MPV (personally) between Marble Arch and Shepherd's Bush for people who couldn't get around.

It makes me sick that people can do this when everyone else is trying to pull together!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2005, 12:15 PM
human beings can be so selfish at times when you hear things like that makes you wonder what hope there is for mankind
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:21 PM
very sad indeed cashing it in on other peoples misfortune, lets just hope they get the same treatment if they ever need help, what goes around comes around!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2005, 12:23 PM
I think there will be very few who did this...
I have heard of others who threw open their doors...
There is always good to balance the bad in these situations...
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
I think there will be very few who did this...
I have heard of others who threw open their doors...
There is always good to balance the bad in these situations...
Oh yes I know, that why I included that about the lady who was giving free lifts from her personal vehicle, completely free of charge and keeping spirits high. I just think it's so sad that people can do this. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:24 PM
agree with mini ...most have been great its just the few who will take advantage................remember the fuel crisis??? the garage near us who raised their prices from greed soon went out of buisness as the public boycotted them when it was over...
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Yes mini made a good point! i have seen loads of pics in the paper today of people grouping together and giving each other a hand! i think its a small handful that take advantage of the situation.
pollaton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:30 PM
the people who have come across this should name and shame the businesss that are trying to gain from such an horrendous event. then everyone should boycott them.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 04:10 PM
surely the people who did this could be reported to trading standards or somthing . im sure if it was them it was done to they would be the first to complain . they should learn to put them selves in others shoes !
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by pollaton
the people who have come across this should name and shame the businesss that are trying to gain from such an horrendous event. then everyone should boycott them.
im sure a newpaper like the sun or something would love to name and shame these bandits !
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >