register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What are you views? (PLEASE READ IN-DEPTH, EXPLANATIONS BEFORE VOTING!!)
1) NO - keep them the same! 21 35.59%
2) Just get rid of the top ten box! 14 23.73%
3) Get rid of the top10 box AND the green Squares (but leave details in User CP) 13 22.03%
4) Keep same - but give points to those who have been here longer to make up for lost time. 2 3.39%
5) Get rid of it them together 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2005, 01:02 PM
I think its good to show your appreciation as well thats why I said originally just keep it private - what I don't undersatnd is the need to show it to every-one
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
or how about 'Pet points'! ?

renaming it will alter the way it is percieved - I agree that the word 'reputation' is probably not the most suitible..
I like pet points better! sounds alot nicer and more friendly without it sounding competitive, as i dont like the word reputation, good idea Azz
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Emm I agree, but I don't see it as a badge of honour I see it like this, if you want to show your appreciation in the real world to someone you can buy them a gift, pat them on the back, buy them a drink or whatever...Well we can't do that here over the internet so maybe the points are just a pat on the back rather then a badge of honour??
Actually thats a very good idea - I know a lady who runs a site and she has introduced 'thank you badges' that members can 'buy' for people who they feel have helped them - the member is shown appreciation and the site gets some revenue. As these cost 'real' money they can't be devalued.

Maybe have various badges with various costs? I didn't think it would work here but as you mention it do you think it is a 'better' 'recognition' idea?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Haley, if your remarks are directed at me, as I inferred, I could not care less, it is a bit like going to Brownies and getting a badge for threading a needle. But I can imagine a sensitive teenager being hurt if they are falling behind others; heaven knows there is enough stress on our youngsters without trying to add to it. Think I am talking nonsense; I assure you I am not and know of at least one who is upset by such trivial nonsense.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by eraze
Originally Posted by eRaze
What if we rename it to 'Karma' ?

So you can add to somones Karma? Would that be more reflective to what they are actually being used for?
or how about 'Pet points'! ?
renaming it will alter the way it is percieved - I agree that the word 'reputation' is probably not the most suitible..
eeek

I like 'karma'.... (as I guess the points will be staying)..
But I still think mods and prefects should be excluded..
and the table should not be displayed all the time
display it only on the last day of the month if at all ?
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 02:19 PM
karmas good. what about dogweb points or DWPoints!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey, if you get enough karma points, do you get to come back as a dog? :smt101
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 02:32 PM
lol rich your crazy! You would come back as a wolf!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by rich c
Hey, if you get enough karma points, do you get to come back as a dog? :smt101
I want to come back as Rich and ride a board......
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Hayley, the rumours that I try to steal Jakes toys when it's full moon are entirely unfounded!

Mini, you don't have to get reincarnated to longboard! You might get a rep point or two from me though. We need more female skaters, they got awesome style!
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »