register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What are you views? (PLEASE READ IN-DEPTH, EXPLANATIONS BEFORE VOTING!!)
1) NO - keep them the same! 21 35.59%
2) Just get rid of the top ten box! 14 23.73%
3) Get rid of the top10 box AND the green Squares (but leave details in User CP) 13 22.03%
4) Keep same - but give points to those who have been here longer to make up for lost time. 2 3.39%
5) Get rid of it them together 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I agree with Graeme,

I was under the impression that the points were ONLY to be given for very helpful advice/information, not just banter? I can see groups helping each other to boost thier points to keep to the top and personally I dont agree with that, if everyone stuck to just giving points for the helpful post, then I think it would be a lot fairer. but what ever the end decision is I dont mind, I come on here to chat, get help if needed and give help if I can, points dont really bother me either way.

Mo
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 10:28 AM
OK, so I am a grumpy old woman, I feel the whole thing is rather childish and could be very hurtful. Bad enough putting up with the adverts flash at you without any unnecessary blobs of colour.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I think they are quite a good idea, despite the competition they may cause because you can look through and see the people who give lots of good advice and know to take them seriously as other people have indirectly recommended them!

I voted to get rid of top ten box by the way!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Thordell
OK, so I am a grumpy old woman, I feel the whole thing is rather childish and could be very hurtful. Bad enough putting up with the adverts flash at you without any unnecessary blobs of colour.

as I get older my eyes cant cope with it all.

Mo
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I just don't see how it can be hurtful?? not in the grand scheme of things...I think all have us have more than one point since they began so I don't think any of us need to feel like we are billy no mates or arn't appreaciated...

I like that we are less stuffy than some other boards who take things to seriously...

There is definitly a place for seriousness and DW shouldn't just become a free for all of sillyness but I like the humour and banter too.

I didn't think anyone was that desparate to form groups and give points to one another to keep them at the top, I don't think that's what has happened so far or that means the likes of Mini and SB are part of a group doing such things

Thordell seriously, how big are these unecessary blobs of colour??...lol
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 10:54 AM
I must admit to having a bit of a giggle - It's almost like being back at school hoping for a gold star ...
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 11:01 AM
well said myschievous,,, why did ya have to start this debate off azz!!

to all who are in favour,, i agree its just a bit of fun and isnt harming anyone!

and to all those who are not,, lighten up a little,, there is no harm in it ,, we all have some rep points so no one is forgotten about

if you post a good topic or help someone out ya get a point,, we are not children waiting to beat one another we are just having a great time on a very friendly forum,, and i hope we can keep it tht way,, there are enough bizy boddies on other forums withought mentioning any names

x x x
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Yep I agree Myschievous..... we are all old enough to handle the disappointment of not being the most popular people on DW

mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I dont actually see any harm in the points whatsoever, so long as people do take it all light hearted, and that really some of the points are not actually "reputation" points for good advice, they are points for possibly making someone smile, which is OK too.

Mo
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by mo
I dont actually see any harm in the points whatsoever, so long as people do take it all light hearted, and that really some of the points are not actually "reputation" points for good advice, they are points for possibly making someone smile, which is OK too.

Mo
I agree Mo...

I think it is fine to give rep points because someone made you smile, cheered you up, had a nice comment, made you laugh and for giving good advice...that's the thing about DW it isn't all just questions and answers there is so much more to it than that and all of these areas are reflected in the way people give points...

There are those that are brilliant at giving advice and receive points for that advice and help and there are people who might not have a whole wealth of knowledge but just like to share info and ideas, talk about their dogs in general and are supportive in other ways thus making them a likeable person in the DW community, no reason why that shouldn't earn them a good reputation.

The points I thought were to promote a friendly atmosphere and to discourage bad posts and I think they are doing just that.

Keep 'em
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »