register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What are you views? (PLEASE READ IN-DEPTH, EXPLANATIONS BEFORE VOTING!!)
1) NO - keep them the same! 21 35.59%
2) Just get rid of the top ten box! 14 23.73%
3) Get rid of the top10 box AND the green Squares (but leave details in User CP) 13 22.03%
4) Keep same - but give points to those who have been here longer to make up for lost time. 2 3.39%
5) Get rid of it them together 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-07-2005, 12:34 AM

Shall we ditch rep points???????????

What are you views? (PLEASE READ IN-DEPTH, EXPLANTIONS BEFORE VOTING!!)

1) NO - keep them the same!

2) Just get rid of the top ten box!

3) Get rid of the top10 box AND the green Squares (but leave details in User CP)

4) Keep same - but give points to those who have been here longer to make up for introducing points system late.

5) Get rid of it them together

Ok here's what the options mean...

1) NO - keep them the same!

Just as it says - keep them the same.

2) Just get rid of the top ten box!

Keep everything the same but just ditch the box on the homepage that shows the top ten rep positions - it just causes too much competition...

3) Get rid of the top10 box AND the green Squares (but leave details in User CP)

Get rid of the top 10 box AND get rid of the green squares that are shown in the post bit - this will mean people can still give and recieve rep points, but only they can see them in their User CPs and more importantly... Admin can see them!!

4) Keep same - but give points to those who have been here longer to make up for introducing points system late.

Some people may be feeling a bit hard done by because although they have been here a long while, rep points were only introduced recently, so to make up, shal we give ALL users 10 points for every month they have been registered? That way they everyone gets points depending on how long they have been here...

5) Get rid of it them together

Just ditch them alltogether - who needs em?

PLEASE NOTE, any action taken will ONLY be on a trial basis, if the changes don't appear to be positive we will revert back to how it is.

My own opinion is keep the points, but just get rid of the top ten box. In addition I will be introducing a point scheme for moderators and maybe prefects where perhaps they can turn off thier points to the 'public' or give them large amounts of points to reflect their hard work and dedication!

bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Just get rid of the top ten box!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Aww I like the top ten box (even though I will never be in it ) its exciting

And I love green squares too
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Foxy don't forget to vote then!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Foxy don't forget to vote then!

I just have done Azz (thanks for reminding me though because I have got a particularly bad memory )
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Just the top ten.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:20 AM
I voted keep them the same.... I just see it as a bit of fun, although I don't know if it's intended to be more serious?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 05:50 AM
I voted keep them the same...

If someone wants a competition, they can make a competition out of anything, so dont think this is any worse than other things.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 06:34 AM
I don't want rep points abolished but think points should definitely be deducted for pointless posts.I know it'll be hard to judge which are pointless but i'm volunteering to judge that!!lol
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-07-2005, 06:41 AM
get rid of the ten box then the points will be given who deserves it
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »