Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 03:18 PM

double glazing sales men ... pah!!!

despite having new double glazing ,, a sign on the gate saying please shut the gate dogs running free . and another sign saying no unsolicited callers why do thay always knock on your door anyways leaving the gate open and always when you are busy .
i agreed to a quote for a back door . just to get rid !.. 5 mins later they were on the phone to " comfirm" . interupting tysons training yet again!
they wanted to make sure my hubby would be in to talk to when they gave me a quote ! despite my telling them its my home not his and it would be me paying not him .. they still insisited hubby be there .. well hubby hates all that stuff and i told them so . still insisting hubby HAD to be there .. i politely told them to booger off as they had wasted enough of my time already for 1 day and i would get my door froma firm who didnt need a man to say OK to something thats realy none of his business to begin with ... oh i am so angry with them .. how discriminating . a woman isnt capable of choosing a door ! or writing a cheque ..
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

06-07-2005, 03:35 PM
You will find they want your hubby there purely for finanical reasons - both signatures on the contract...
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
You will find they want your hubby there purely for finanical reasons - both signatures on the contract...
thats just it though i am the one with the money hubby hasnt got a bean .. it would have beem my money paying not his .. if i was single then there would have been no hubby to insist on .. whats the difference if im married or not when i am the one paying and its my house hubby doesnt have his name on it, and i was going to pay cash not hire purchase so really dont see any reasons financial or other why my oh had to be there
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 03:40 PM

Any chance you have a local joiner? They're less likely to be pushy - we've found that dealing with a local firm was laid back and they weren't in a hurry to sell anything as they had enough business from the builders.

Best wishes in finding your door.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by deefin
despite having new double glazing ,, a sign on the gate saying please shut the gate dogs running free . and another sign saying no unsolicited callers why do thay always knock on your door anyways leaving the gate open and always when you are busy .
i agreed to a quote for a back door . just to get rid !.. 5 mins later they were on the phone to " comfirm" . interupting tysons training yet again!
they wanted to make sure my hubby would be in to talk to when they gave me a quote ! despite my telling them its my home not his and it would be me paying not him .. they still insisited hubby be there .. well hubby hates all that stuff and i told them so . still insisting hubby HAD to be there .. i politely told them to booger off as they had wasted enough of my time already for 1 day and i would get my door froma firm who didnt need a man to say OK to something thats realy none of his business to begin with ... oh i am so angry with them .. how discriminating . a woman isnt capable of choosing a door ! or writing a cheque ..
It really used to annoy me when as a young widow these people would ask for 'the man of the house' I took great delight it telling them if would be hard to find him because he was scattered on the hills ... I know it sounds insensitive but he would have thought it very funny and I could not resist seeing the look on their faces
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 03:43 PM
thanks mc . if i do get a door . and we are talking for inside my house here . between my kitchen and new back porch . ill go alone and say im single ...lol
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by deefin
Donīt get upset no problem really a woman has a tast just like a man sometimes not so good and if you are paying you can pick which one you want or not
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 05:33 PM
its cos the biggest excuse is to them ..........i'll have a chat with OH and get back to you ...they wanna deal there and then

thats why they do it
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 08:03 AM
People always ask me if my Mum is in.
Err...no, it's MY house!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 09:10 AM
tut.