Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I take it that neither of you are wheelchair-bound? There is a 4-foot pile of the damn stuff just outside my front door.
snow is not nice. Snow is not fun. Snow is a damned nuisance, even in small quantities.

Tomorrow, I won't get to my day centre. Tomorrow, nobody will be able to shop for me. Tomorrow, my dog won't get his walk. Tomorrow is cancelled, all because of this white s***.

Damned stuff.

Snorri
Ahh no - that changes things, well you have my sympathies now - I'm sorry.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 11:10 AM
So sorry for you Dougie, must be a nightmare for you stuck up there and snowed in like this. I hate it too now, it cripples me getting the car out, it cripples Dave getting to work plus his business suffers, but at least I have legs, so I can walk out with the dogs or walk to the village shop for emergency supplies which of course, you can't! We're in for anything between 10 and 25 cms tonight and tomorrow No, I'm definitely not a nutter! Honest!!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
So sorry for you Dougie, must be a nightmare for you stuck up there and snowed in like this. I hate it too now, it cripples me getting the car out, it cripples Dave getting to work plus his business suffers, but at least I have legs, so I can walk out with the dogs or walk to the village shop for emergency supplies which of course, you can't! We're in for anything between 10 and 25 cms tonight and tomorrow No, I'm definitely not a nutter! Honest!!!
LALALAAA I can't hear you! - I need to get to an interview on Monday and to Nottingham tomorrow..Maybe the mainland wont get as much though
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
LALALAAA I can't hear you! - I need to get to an interview on Monday and to Nottingham tomorrow..Maybe the mainland wont get as much though
But I'm right down on the South Coast, that's where the worst is coming tomorrow - apparently! Lol! If you can rely on the weather forecast, but hopefully, they'll be wrong again!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
But I'm right down on the South Coast, that's where the worst is coming tomorrow - apparently! Lol! If you can rely on the weather forecast, but hopefully, they'll be wrong again!
Please no...urgh.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Hope things are soon back to normal for you Snorri xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by peedie View Post
Snorri you are in Kirkwall aren't you? I'm attempting to get out and about to do some home visits so if you're short of supplies give me a shout and I could get some stocks for you?
A lovely gesture......

Hope it eases for you soon, Dougie...

Big hugs to you and Thorgeir

x0x0x
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Sorry to hear the snow is causing you problems, I always think it looks nice for about 5 minutes and then just decide that its a blooming nuisance!

Fortunately we haven't had much in Devon, we had a bit this morning but nothing major and can fortunately still get out and about. Hope it gets better for you soon.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Snow everywhere, all roads blocked with bl@@dy snow. I won't get out to my day centre, and it's doubtful that Tesco will be restocked. So let's not have anyone posting about how they'd like more of it! Only a total idiot would want this!
Snorri
When you live in this part of Europe you soon realise that while no one wants it, they do deal with it, none of the roads around here have been blocked, snow ploughs and gritters come down our road twice a day (Total daily traffic about 20 vehicles ) the supermarkets are fully stocked, the bin men came as usual this week and the dear little post lady walks 100 yards to our gate (Usually can drive right up to the gate) and Czechland is no way a 'rich' country.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
When you live in this part of Europe you soon realise that while no one wants it, they do deal with it, none of the roads around here have been blocked, snow ploughs and gritters come down our road twice a day (Total daily traffic about 20 vehicles ) the supermarkets are fully stocked, the bin men came as usual this week and the dear little post lady walks 100 yards to our gate (Usually can drive right up to the gate) and Czechland is no way a 'rich' country.
Now that sounds more like it! Something going seriously wrong somewhere over here, don't know why, no one ever seems prepared despite previous years problems. Moaning about lack of funds when there's plenty of new,plush council offices etc. and unecessary wastage, bad planning, why?(sorry for rant)
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »