View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2016, 10:06 PM
You are saying that game hunters can't wait to get to the UK (which I am not) to shoot, what?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...200-years.html England's lost world: 421 species - including mammals, birds and plants - have become extinct over the past 200 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz48xAgFs7v
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on [a social network]

Don't forget to vote for Trump too.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Why do you own gundogs then ??????
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Because they lead me to the most wonderful places, which I photograph and share. https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...57659534288740
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Foxes were never extinct in the UK in fact they were culled to keep the numbers down as are deer etc. so yeah we have plenty of game.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2016, 10:39 AM
So fox hunting was outlawed because there are too many foxes, and not to let fox reintroduction efforts give the fox a chance at recovery. Ok if you say so.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
So fox hunting was outlawed because there are too many foxes, and not to let fox reintroduction efforts give the fox a chance at recovery. Ok if you say so.
Well fox hunting was banned after a long campaign by animal rights activists and gawd knows why it was ever reintroduced because it's damn cruel. Foxes can be seen in gardens and wandering the streets of London so hardly scarce. Foxes are viewed as vermin both in town and in the countryside for different reasons. It's never been a case of shooting the fox and killing it quickly but chasing it on horseback and allowing the dogs to rip it apart.
I think you need to educate yourself before spouting any more nonsense.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2016, 08:43 PM
In the 1800s foxhunts imported many thousands of foxes from Europe into Britain, to increase the number of foxes in lowland areas. So fox numbers were so low that foxes needed to be imported into the country, to satisfy the cruel humans who were ripping them apart with dogs. If fox numbers are increasing, this is because the hunts were banned.

Why is every healthy animal population declared a pest?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Really the 1800's ? hardly yesterday.
No that's not why the numbers are increasing, they were increasing decades before the ban. Humans who don't dispose of their rubbish properly attract them into towns, they are scavengers and humans leave plenty for them to scavenge. Some people leave food out for them intentionally and I doubt the increase in back garden chicken keeping does anything to deter them either. More foxes die under the wheels of vehicles than anything else. Me I like foxes and I'm pretty sure they keep the rat population down, better a fox than a rat any day.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Even before the ban, the numbers of people and groups with these large numbers of dogs was on the decrease, and fox numbers were on a corresponding increase. However another reason that you are not remembering is that every predator of the fox was eliminated by hunters, so with no predation foxes explode, so again the hunter is to blame. Or do you still have wolves and them mythological big black cats that we see on tv over here?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

19-05-2016, 08:09 AM
I think they've been extinct for some time lol. I have no issue with the farmer using his gun to keep his livestock safe but hunting with hounds is and always was barbaric.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >