Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Testicles?

Louie is 8 months old - 9 months on the 23rd of this month.
Last night I found he had a little lump on one of his testicles. I didn't really think much off it as I was tired and thought I was seeing things. Today he fell asleep on the bed bum facing me - lovely! So I took the opportunity to feel around his testicles (I now sound like a pervert!) And I'm not sure whether it is anything to worry about or just testicle growth.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't think he's ill, other than the teenage behaviour he's himself. Am I just over reacting?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 02:39 PM
not too sure to be honest. get him checked out anyway, just to be on the safe side
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
not too sure to be honest. get him checked out anyway, just to be on the safe side
He had a health check a couple of weeks ago and the vet said he looked fine and was in great shape (except his ears which is why we went). I'll leave it a week then see. But I said to the OH - if it's something serious he's going to have to have them took off.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 02:51 PM
I would imagine testicular cancer is very rare in a dog so young.
If I were you id wait and see if theres any change at all in the next week, if not and there is still a lump it might be a idea to pop him to the vets for them to have a look.

I know how you feel, I used to check my 2 boys regularly WHEN they had bits! Now I dont have to worry lol
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
I would imagine testicular cancer is very rare in a dog so young.
If I were you id wait and see if theres any change at all in the next week, if not and there is still a lump it might be a idea to pop him to the vets for them to have a look.

I know how you feel, I used to check my 2 boys regularly WHEN they had bits! Now I dont have to worry lol
Yeaah - I feel like a pervert (Y)

It could just be swollen - him and Sadie do playfight a lot and she does kick him a lot in the tummy (she's on her back - him on top and as well as teeth flying, feet go too ) So in a week or two - depending on how my OH feels also we'll be keeping an eye on them. The thing is I feel gross poking and prodding them so it'll be the M-in-law who will be checking them tonight

P.S: how's Simba now he's had his op?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Hold your Horses!! Every dog will have a small hard "lump" on the end of each "ball" is this what you are referring to?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Hold your Horses!! Every dog will have a small hard "lump" on the end of each "ball" is this what you are referring to?
I don't really know - it squishes into the soft part when I poke it. It's too bad Benjie doesn't have his still, would've been easier to see if it was normal. It doesn't feel hard.

I'll be a bigger pervert and take a picture later - when he's asleep.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Right - he looked at me extremely funny! But:

Not very good pictures but it's the top testicle, you can just see a lump - if you can't then it must be me imagining it!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Id say normal. I bet he's a happy chappy today!!!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Nice plums Louie! I cant actually see anything though, but im not great at looking for things in a picture :S

Simba is absolutly fine after his op, hes going to have his final check up today at the vets. Back to off lead walks too! Cant wait hes so full of energy lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >