Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Well it certainly can't be any worse than here. I've been here almost 18 months and can count on one hand the number of people I've had a conversation with. And it's not for lack of trying either. Coffe mornings, BBQs, anything they put on we go to and we're blanked completely.

Hubbys been to Germany before although he was stationed somewhere else then. He loved it and would have happily gone back if it weren't for the hassle of me being unable to drive. As it is he's being sent there anyway. Once Rupe's sorted I'll start looking forward to it. It's not just the passport, we're looking at him possibly needing surgery as the nail he had cut right back is refusing to heal and infection has set in. If they can't shift it we'll be looking at the nail bed being removed completely at least, possibly him losing a toe if it's spread.
I didn't enjoy N.I either, I was there a year then we decided to do married unaccopmanied a year ago and bought our own house as he only has 2 years left now.
Aww I hope he gets his toe sorted. Belle ripped one of her nails quite bad a couple of years ago and took ages to heal.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by basi View Post
I didn't enjoy N.I either, I was there a year then we decided to do married unaccopmanied a year ago and bought our own house as he only has 2 years left now.
Aww I hope he gets his toe sorted. Belle ripped one of her nails quite bad a couple of years ago and took ages to heal.
Yeah, I think if he ever gets posted back here we'll have to do married unaccompanied. Not being able to drive means I'm pretty much housebound which is driving me up the wall. Germany has to be better than this lol.

Sounds so stupid when you say your dog's recovering from a torn nail doesn't it? It really is a pain though. We've got a cone collar on him whenever he's not eating because otherwise he licks at it constantly and it's like living with a battering ram! My thighs are covered in bruises from the thing.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Well,spoken to the vets. Apparently a full pet passport takes about 7 months to come through but we can get him an export only one to go out there and apply for a full one when we get there.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Well,spoken to the vets. Apparently a full pet passport takes about 7 months to come through but we can get him an export only one to go out there and apply for a full one when we get there.
7 months? why that long?
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Yes we got an export only one as we only got 2 months notice to go to Germany. But as he will not be coming back for at least a year it gives you plenty time to do it when you get there.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
7 months? why that long?
No idea but it fits with the timeframe I've been reading online.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
7 months? why that long?
It takes roughly 7 months for the full passport because you have the rabies jab then 3-4 weeks after you need a blood test to check levels are ok then it is 6 months from the result of the blood test before a dog can re-enter the UK.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 04:29 PM

Er I think your vet is confused

The Pet Passport process goes like this:

1.Microchip
2.Rabies Vax
3.Titre test around a month later
4.Result comes back Pet Passport is issued with a valid to return to the UK date on it & an expiry date

Time span 1 month. It is around 7 months(after the rabies vax) before a dog that has gone abroad can return to the UK. The dog can go abroad(depending on the destination)from around 3 weeks after the rabies vax.

No need to apply for another PP, there is no such thing as a temporary PP, not a "Full"PP. It's just a PP

This is how Rjj's PP worked & I was given the PP the day the Titre test result came through I didn't have to wait for another 6 months to get a"full"one
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 04:34 PM
yip joedee is correct

you just wont be able to 're enter' with him before 6 months.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
yip joedee is correct

you just wont be able to 're enter' with him before 6 months.

LOLOL
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >