View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 11:56 PM

Are there any rescues here that specifically re home irish pound dogs?

I know some bigger rescues take/bring dogs from Ireland over here...but I just wondered if there were any that only bring dogs over and foster/rehome in England/Scotland. With the purpose being only to save those Irish pound dogs?

Before anyone starts, no theres nothing wrong with helping the dogs here.... just wondered.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 01:13 AM
I got Mia from here
http://dundalkdogrescue.webs.com/
They are in ireland but rehome in the uk
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I know some bigger rescues take/bring dogs from Ireland over here...but I just wondered if there were any that only bring dogs over and foster/rehome in England/Scotland. With the purpose being only to save those Irish pound dogs?

Before anyone starts, no theres nothing wrong with helping the dogs here.... just wondered.
Are you interested in adopting a dog from Ireland?

As far as I know, Many Tears bring dogs over from Ireland however some of the Breed Rescues will help out with specific dogs rather than a lot at any one time
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Thanks, I will take a look at the link I can't take a MT's dog due to neutering policy and distance.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 07:51 AM
The site I look after bring in GSD's from Ireland, they have UK ones too but I put this pretty lady on the other day - not Irish but . . . . .
http://www.germanshepherdrescuesurre...homes/38-kelly
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Allbreeds do (Shamus came via them). And a lot of the Breed Rescues do. I knpw GSDs and GSPs come over, so I suppose it would be easier if you knew what you were looking for?
Alternatively - google the Irish Rescues. Many have English links and have arrangements to send the dog over.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Morgans Dog Rescue in Cumbria do. Mainly BCs, but they do take all breeds I think.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks folks I'm really looking for a female dobe but due to living circumstances theres a few issues that I can't take on. But I knew that there have been dobes brought over from the pounds in Ireland and put into foster/kennels here and assessed but I just didn't know who/how.
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2012, 05:56 PM
have you been in touch with the dobermann rehoming association? chris who runs it is an absolute genius at matching the right dobe with the right owner. i know there is at least three girls in kennels at the minute. it might mean a trip down south for a couple of days for you and louie but i guarantee it would be worth it. i could get chris's number for you if you'd like so you could ring her for a chat.
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2012, 06:02 PM
just tried to pm you but your box is full.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >