Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:16 PM

How many dogs LOVES the vets

Today I went to the vets just to get Skye and Reah thier boosters done. But I took Bruce, just because I felt sorry for him, leaving him behind

Bruce seems to feel our vets is some kind of ''drop in centre'' where you greet anything and everything, whether it's in a cage or on the end of a lead, and if there are kids there all the better, his tail wags so hard his bum is all over the place.
Then once inside the consult room, it's wayyyyyyyyyayyyyyyyyy the vet is lovely (so Bruce thinks) and the fact that she is trying desperately to stick a needle into Skye and Reah, doesn't put him off either, she was kneeling on the floor (her suggestion rather than pick them up on the table) checking thier teeth, listening to thiers hearts and lungs, and Bruce was pushing his way in, until in the end she checked him over simply because he refused to be left out. If that wasn't enough then he put his feet on her shoulders and started nibbling her ears, which made her laugh and made him worse. Poor vet, when she finally got up the sweat was pouring off her ..........but she thought he was lovely.

Then out we came, it took me three attempts to put my debit card in the machine to pay as Bruce was tugging me away from the desk as he was frantically trying to instigate play with a 5 month old Bulldog......who didn't look all that impressed.

Skye and Reah, just sat there......not amused.

Anyone else have a dog that JUST LOVES THE VETS
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Well today we returned to our original vets after a short period, and some not nice experiences, at another vets. Tonks was so pleased to be there and pulled me to the door, and was over the moon to see the vet and the vet nurse............she was really relaxed and sat still while she had her ears looked in and drops put in, weighed etc.

She definately likes this vets, but was so anxious as the last one after being held to the table by her throat at 6 months old!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Katie doesn't really like it. But dori loves it some many people and animals she just can't believe her luck when she is in there
Any one would think we didn't give her any affection.grin:
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:24 PM
oooo dont mention the 'v' word around felix! he goes wappy!!!! its the best place in the world you know
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm giggling away here, Bruce sounds hilarious and Sky and Reah sound ever so mature!! My two hate the vets, they recognise the car journey, when we arrive they both have to be coaxed in through the door and then Wizard shakes like a leaf and leans his full weight on me while we are in the waiting area then he leans some more when we get into the vet. Indi usuallly squeals at the vet even if he just touches her which usually makes them jump! I think it's in anticpation of what he might do to her.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by monkeydonkey View Post
I'm giggling away here, Bruce sounds hilarious and Sky and Reah sound ever so mature!! My two hate the vets, they recognise the car journey, when we arrive they both have to be coaxed in through the door and then Wizard shakes like a leaf and leans his full weight on me while we are in the waiting area then he leans some more when we get into the vet. Indi usuallly squeals at the vet even if he just touches her which usually makes them jump! I think it's in anticpation of what he might do to her.
Skye had a ''pinky girl moment'' squealed before the vet had even put the needle in..... Reah Pulled her collar off and there's me with a lead with a collar and no dog, I had to say very firmly...'in here NOW' in she came tail between her legs, and then theres BRUCE...bouncing around like a lunatic....they must think he is hyper.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Well today we returned to our original vets after a short period, and some not nice experiences, at another vets. Tonks was so pleased to be there and pulled me to the door, and was over the moon to see the vet and the vet nurse............she was really relaxed and sat still while she had her ears looked in and drops put in, weighed etc.

She definately likes this vets, but was so anxious as the last one after being held to the table by her throat at 6 months old!
Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
Katie doesn't really like it. But dori loves it some many people and animals she just can't believe her luck when she is in there
Any one would think we didn't give her any affection.grin:
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
oooo dont mention the 'v' word around felix! he goes wappy!!!! its the best place in the world you know
Thank god I am not the only one who has a dog who is a avid fan of the vet's......he thinks it's wonderful, drags me through the door, just can not wait to get in
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Isn't it amazing, especially considering that most of the things dogs have done at the vets cause them discomfort, at least, and sometimes pain.

What great animals they are.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Isn't it amazing, especially considering that most of the things dogs have done at the vets cause them discomfort, at least, and sometimes pain.

What great animals they are.
What I find amazing is that they neutered him.....obviously no grudge there then
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 10:02 PM
My goodness, our alsation Cleo was terrified of the vets, she piddled as soon as she got to the door. Dougal is going next week so we will see how he does.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »