Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I leave my dogs with marrow bones and have never known them to splinter, and Jess has been raw fed having these a fair bit for over 2 years now. In fact, they leave bone crumbs everywhere lol
Only recently, someone on another forum nearly lost their dog after a piece of marrow bone splintered off and lodged deep in the oesophagus. I've only been raw feeding for five years, but I just wouldn't risk it myself
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Ok well I've chickened out (or is that turkied out? Lol) and put the turkey drumstick in the freezer. So far Cain has only had chicken wings so far, otherwise his raw has been mince. I'm going to wait until he's eaten a few more different types of bones and proves he chews properly, then I'll try him with the drumstick.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm teaching Miggin the cocker pup to chew atm, holding wings for him and getting him to chew through them properly. It can be a bit tricky, I have to count my fingers each time
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2010, 09:40 AM
You could always strip the meat off it to bump up the pure meat content in his meals (as some minces will contain bone as well as meat) and then use the bone to make a doggy-safe (i.e. salt/preservative free) stock to use in making dog treats (I used a stock in the flapjack I took along to the Box Hill walk that Cain had a couple of bits of). You can freeze stock so you could make a batch to use as and when you need to.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2