Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2005, 12:41 PM

I tried to help but was abused!!!

Hi all

Wednesday night i went to my local Tesco, around 8pm and as i was leaving there was a very small staff x being chased around by a gang (about 10 of the) 12-14 year olds.

it was barking at them and they were chasing it and shouting 'kick it kick it'! now me i am not scared of much but i do live in a bit of a dodgy area but i just couldnt help myself so i said to the boys to leave him alone (the dog was barking at them but he must have been so scared) and they didnt listen and continued to chase it!

well me thinking i am well hard but myself and my trolley in between the dog and the boys until the dog wondered off, in the meantime i was called and sl*g and allorts but i didnt care, if i knew the dog would not harm me i would of picked him up and taken him home as he was obviously a stray.

i walked back to my car and the boys ran after it again but a security guard came out and other staff and schooed the dog away.

i hope he's ok?!

now i am only 24 but kids these days are beyond! my oh says i shouldnt have done it cus something could of happened to me and he said i shouldnt of approached them with attitude but i was so angry and even if i was nice i would of got abuse anyway!

alana xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Crikey Alana, I wish there were more people out there like you. You are very brave and I'm glad you got away without any harm
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2005, 12:49 PM
stupid more than brave i think but thanks!

especially as i was shouting ' i hope he bites your fecking leg off'!

but i was soooooooooo angry! at least tho they didnt actually kick him!

and do u know what annoys me even more, there were men around who did nothing!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Good for you, you are very brave.

That's what it's like these days - kids run riot and people look the other way.
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-10-2005, 01:42 PM
i would have been shouting the same thing.
Well done you, very brave. I also think with my heart in those sort of situations.

Hope the dog is ok, and got away from them. The worry is these boys will probably find another dog to "kick", as they have not been told off by anyone, other than you, and they didnt take that seriously. Its disgusting how others could stand by and watch. IDIOTS!!!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2005, 02:00 PM
I think your very brave well done. You did what your instinct told you to do which shows your level of love for animals.
If you had of turned a blind eye you probably would never of forgiven yourself and wondered for days whatever happened to the poor mite.
Well done, do Tesco do a medal of bravery?!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2005, 02:12 PM
hi alana

well done - I had similar situation a few years ago - was walking bruno along the river and there were aout 3 boys and 3 girls throwing rocks at the ducks in the river - I got inline with them and the girls said to boys - "stop that " ( healf hearted attempt so that i would maybe leave them alone) i stoped and said OI - stop doing that - how woudl you liek it if someone was throwing rocks at you ?? - The boys all laughed turned round and said - why do we not see how you like it and lifted his hand with rock in it to throw it at me .... I was astounded cos they were about 12 if that !!! and so rude - there was a few swear words included in sentence to me !!

am ashamed to admit it but I used Bruno's "look" to discourage them - I looked at them and said " I wouldnt do that if I were you as my dog will not like it ( implying he would do something - when in actual fact he would probably hgide behide my legs -but they dont know that huh !! ) then I said ANd I know ur mum so you better watch it!!!!

i didnt but hey it was spur of the moment - it certainly stopped them if at least temprorarily - but when I told my husband he was all concerned and angry that i had confronted them !!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2005, 02:16 PM
I would have done exactly the same thing. Act first, worry about consequences later. It makes my blood boil the attitude of a lot of young kids out there. I've got a look that the OH calls the 'Canadian Death Stare' LOL and if it works on him, it'll work on anyone LOL.

Seriously though, it's unbelievable the attitude of the kids around us as well.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2005, 02:41 PM
well done for standing your ground,
unfortunatly now-a-days these kids can get away with almost anything they want they have no concideration for others be it animal or human,cause they know no one can stop them,and if u do somthing back they run to mummy and if they have one daddy and you get into trouble with the police its just not right (climbs off soap box)
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Well done you!! I'd have done the same...I can't stand to see anyone or any animal mistreated so you deserve a medal! Too many people now just turn the other way which is why these youngsters get away with so much!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >