Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2017, 08:29 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 11th November

Good morning all, Hope everyone is in fine fettle.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2017, 10:03 AM
N.B. Don't forget a minutes silence at 11 am this morning for Armistice Day...........:Lest we forget!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Good morning Moyra and everyone who follows

Hope the weather is not too bad your way Moyra

Nice to see you pop in Gordon and hope the weather is not too bad up on the moors.

Dull and damp here. Teazle walked and a tip run done. Nothing else planned as too miserable out.

Hope all tow and four legged are keeping well

Have a god day and stay safe.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Morning all
Seems grey & cold here, I'm off to work later. I'm at work 12-8.30
Good luck to the chap doing the marathon Besoeker
Good to see you popped in Gordon, hope it's not too cold on the moors
Have a good day Sue & Moyra
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Morning, Moyra, Sue, Mandy and all who follow.

Not long back from Shouldham sinks with Dillon had a lovely walk.
Waiting for our pastries to cook then Gorden is gardening and I am preparing dinner for tomorrow and cleaning the house.
Mark and Lauren are coming for lunch. No Joel this weekend.
Lauren has finished her training in Peterborough for her new job as assistant manager in the works in Huntingdon round the corner from where they live.
Her journey will be much easier she found the Peterborough journey much better than backwards and forwards to Harlow.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Good evening all. Trust that you are all well.
Rained here a lot late last night and early this morning. My dear wife does the early shift. I do the others. The last one started at about 16:00. Interesting.
We were strolling through the playing field, Max wandering about doing his own thing

A dog, smaller than Max and on a very, very long ran up to him and barked and growled in his face. Perhaps it wanted to play. And maybe it is aggressive.. Max, being Max, was unperturbed. What happened after that was rather unpleasant.

"Get your expletive dog on a lead."
By that time I'd called Max and he was sitting quietly in front of me.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because it's the law."
"No it isn't"
"It's the law. That's what the notice down there says.says"
"That's not what it says. Might I suggest that you read it?"
"It's the law.."
"Care to bet a fiver on that?"
No takers......no surprise.They just went on still cursing and swearing.

For the text in blue, add an expletive between every other word.

I have to admit to being a little irked. Then a couple of young lads, maybe ten or twelve came running up to me.
"Was that woman being horrible to you?"
"She was rude to me.."
"She was totally in the wrong. Max is a brilliant dog"

Made my day.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
"Get your expletive dog on a lead."
By that time I'd called Max and he was sitting quietly in front of me.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because it's the law."
"No it isn't"
"It's the law. That's what the notice down there says.says"
"That's not what it says. Might I suggest that you read it?"
"It's the law.."
"Care to bet a fiver on that?"
No takers......no surprise.They just went on still cursing and swearing.

For the text in blue, add an expletive between every other word.

I have to admit to being a little irked.
That has happened to me too. With my case the other guy put his little dog on a lead and then started cursing me because I did not do likewise. Casey maybe big but he is a gentle giant, in nearly three years I have never heard him growl at anything and the only times he barks is when he is excited.

In your case it just shows the ignorance of the other party and that is reflected in the dogs behavior (although small dogs often do bark, it's their way of communicating)

I think (hope) I've solved the problem now by not going to certain parts of Knettishall at the weekends. There is one part which the general public don't really know about and thankfully all the dogs (and owners) have been good.

Avoid the weekend dog walkers if at all possible
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
N.B. Don't forget a minutes silence at 11 am this morning for Armistice Day...........:Lest we forget!
Yes Moyra, if I'm in my workshop I usually have Classic FM on the radio and this morning they shut down for two minutes.

Did you know that the truce was actually signed around 7am in the morning but instead of sending a signal to immediately cease fire, they sent a signal saying the cease fire will commence at 11:00 hours.

During those 4 hours about 30 or so men died on both sides
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-11-2017, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
That has happened to me too. With my case the other guy put his little dog on a lead and then started cursing me because I did not do likewise. Casey maybe big but he is a gentle giant, in nearly three years I have never heard him growl at anything and the only times he barks is when he is excited.

In your case it just shows the ignorance of the other party and that is reflected in the dogs behavior (although small dogs often do bark, it's their way of communicating)

I think (hope) I've solved the problem now by not going to certain parts of Knettishall at the weekends. There is one part which the general public don't really know about and thankfully all the dogs (and owners) have been good.

Avoid the weekend dog walkers if at all possible
You make very good points. Max,at 80 pounds is also a quite big gentle and well behaved fellow. We stroll, him at his pace, me at mine.

One thing to add about the unpleasant encounter. When the recalcitrant couple started to scream am shout, Max trotted back from his ramblings and laid down in front of me.
I can't fault him for that. Max is just Max I would't want him any other way.